Will the likes of Rusyn come good?

Rambo Pumpkins

Full Back
I think it's easy to forget the likes of Clarke and Roberts weren't instant hits, and I can't help but wonder if the overall youth and inexperience of the squad makes it look so much worse than it is. We seem to have written off the entire crop of youngsters we signed in the summer as not being good enough and even the slightly older ones like Ba.

But while one swallow a summer doesn't make, the quality of Rusyns goals in the u21s suggest there is clearly a player there.

I guess what I'm wondering is whether our expectations and patience is too high and short or whether they are being stifled by the inexperience heavy system we play.

Thoughts?

I think he’s alright. Works hard, does a lot of running and shutting down defenders. I don’t think he’s a goalscorer though, which is going to hinder him.

I think he will. And the club are very optimistic that Seelt will be cracking value in the medium to long term as well. Ba looks like he'll do well as he develops as well. There'll be a few duds like, but hopefully a good number of successes, still think we need to balance it with some more experience though

Back