Will people turn on the doddsfather

Is there somewhere I claim you did personally? Or did I say the SMB as a collective summary term? Didn't think so, but "please show me".

You chose to quote/reply to me. Then went on a rant about this place never playing any of all those players you mentioned.

I simply mentioned Jobe should be dropped, not never played again, just dropped for his own good as much as ours.

Burstow I think is a waste of time. You can have that one. The others you’ve mentioned why you choose to reply to my comment to go on your little bitch rant is beyond me.

No need for any bother here.Not his fault. The talk of himself wanting to be permanent can be left be also. Good for him to show some ambition. Does not at all seem feasible and based on results thus far it would not make any sense.

It's their job as coaches to get the lads fit and ready for games, they clearly aren't doing that. I've never seen a bunch of young lads look so sluggish.

Apparently, Beale instructed them to have an extra training session the days after a defeat and the lads weren't happy. Seems the head coach can't crack the whip neither.
In fairness I don’t think the extra training was the issue. The problem was the bloke demanding the training couldn’t be arsed to go.

I actually don’t blame him for the results, he’s been dealt a pile of shite by Speakman.

What I would consider booing him for, would be if he continues to pick golden boy Bellingham and giving minutes to the likes of Burstow. That to me is the sign of a yes man, who is happy to throw his own morals out the window to do whatever his boss wants him to do.

Personally I have a problem with that, as it’s not something I would do.

This. People go on about Beale, Mowbray, Dodds not being good tactically as if we have the players to that are really going to come on and make positive impacts to any tactical change put to them.

Each of them have tried various tweaks and changes and the difference between what and how Mowbray was trying to play and what Beale tried to impact was quite large. Fans are suggesting neither tried anything different, which is nonsense. Both though we're largely hampered by the same problems.

Whilst off field noise contributed to Beale leaving, on field performances meant We never took to him and whether we play up from the back and hit wide areas trying to play intricate outside and then into the box, whether we sit a bit deeper and try to hit things with pace and exploit sides on the counter we still don't have the quality in the final third to make the right choices or even be semi clinical on half chances.

For me that makes the continued selection of the likes of Jobe, often as one of two number 8s or even as an attacking midfielder even more ridiculous, as is Burstow being anywhere near the first team.

Though it could be argued we are so limited by this point there's not much in the way of alternatives.

Him and Proctor should share some of the blame, they've been here under 3 head coaches. The young squad looks devoid of any energy or pace. We're in the back end of the season and they look as if they've never played together! I'm not sure what goes on in training, but all this good work, rarely translates over to the games themselves.

Young lads, most of whom haven't played a full championship season before, not had to deal with the physical rigours of week in week out footballl or the pressure and expectation.

Instead of their highs and lows being managed and supported theyve been absolutely exposed. Some of them have barely played first team games, too naive, lacking in direction and experience. It's not fitness, it's a championship season and a intense football club bearing down on young pros, some who just aren't ready or upto it.

Blame those who have allowed it and got us to this stage.

People will/have as we are shocking to watch.

People are just angry at the club and everything associated with it.

Not really his fault but he’s not not being paid and doing us a favor is he?

Young lads, most of whom haven't played a full championship season before, not had to deal with the physical rigours of week in week out footballl or the pressure and expectation.

Instead of their highs and lows being managed and supported theyve been absolutely exposed. Some of them have barely played first team games, too naive, lacking in direction and experience. It's not fitness, it's a championship season and a intense football club bearing down on young pros, some who just aren't ready or upto it.

Blame those who have allowed it and got us to this stage.

Fitness has plenty to do with it.

They're all to to blame...coaching staff (Dodds/Proctor) included.

In fairness I don’t think the extra training was the issue. The problem was the bloke demanding the training couldn’t be arsed to go.

Tbh, that shouldn't really be a problem. Many head coaches don't take every training session, I don't think Mowbray took them all. That's why you have coaches there for. Ultimately (and I was no fan of Beales) if you've lost or played badly and your gaffer wants you to do an extra session, you get on and do it, not complain. I'm wondering if Dodds & Co are a bit more of a soft touch? Strange that all the fantastic training through the week ends in a shocking performance come game time.

Tbh, that shouldn't really be a problem. Many head coaches don't take every training session, I don't think Mowbray took them all. That's why you have coaches there for. Ultimately (and I was no fan of Beales) if you've lost or played badly and your gaffer wants you to do an extra session, you get on and do it, not complain. I'm wondering if Dodds & Co are a bit more of a soft touch? Strange that all the fantastic training through the week ends in a shocking performance come game time.
If Rumours are believed Beale had lost the respect of the dressing room. Let’s be honest it wasn’t going to take much as the bloke was a complete no mark. However and this is just me I would respond and gain respect if a punishment was a collective punishment and everyone involved in the shit display was at least there.
This. People go on about Beale, Mowbray, Dodds not being good tactically as if we have the players to that are really going to come on and make positive impacts to any tactical change put to them.

Each of them have tried various tweaks and changes and the difference between what and how Mowbray was trying to play and what Beale tried to impact was quite large. Fans are suggesting neither tried anything different, which is nonsense. Both though we're largely hampered by the same problems.

Whilst off field noise contributed to Beale leaving, on field performances meant We never took to him and whether we play up from the back and hit wide areas trying to play intricate outside and then into the box, whether we sit a bit deeper and try to hit things with pace and exploit sides on the counter we still don't have the quality in the final third to make the right choices or even be semi clinical on half chances.

For me that makes the continued selection of the likes of Jobe, often as one of two number 8s or even as an attacking midfielder even more ridiculous, as is Burstow being anywhere near the first team.

Though it could be argued we are so limited by this point there's not much in the way of alternatives.
Spot on. Until we actually recruit players who go straight into the 1st team and improve it the HC simply does not have the options to try and change it. At the moment we can’t play a high tempo pressing game as we have 2 of the slowest lethargic CM players in the division. They both do everything in slow motion. The current options available to try and change it are a utility player from league one, a 16 year old boy and a lad who’s played less than 30 minutes this year. The 16 year old should be getting a share of the shit Bellingham brothers minutes. He adds energy and speed of thought to the middle of the pitch. Something both Ekwah and Bellingham lack.

Last edited:
If Rumours are believed Beale had lost the respect of the dressing room. Let’s be honest it wasn’t going to take much as the bloke was a complete no mark. However and this is just me I would respond and gain respect if a punishment was a collective punishment and everyone involved in the shit display was at least there.

Spot on. Until we actually recruit players who go straight into the 1st team and improve it the HC simply does not have the options to try and change it. At the moment we can’t play a high tempo pressing game as we have 2 of the slowest lethargic CM players in the division. They both do everything in slow motion. The current options available to try and change it are a utility player from league one, a 16 year old boy and a lad who’s played less than 30 minutes this year. The 16 year old should be getting a share of the shit Bellingham brothers minutes. He adds energy and speed of thought to the middle of the pitch. Something both Ekwah and Bellingham lack.

I do think think he had any respect for him from the start. Its clear that the coaching staff and players have a friendship that will be outside the parameters of what a head coach would have.

Any future head coaching coming in on his own, under that strange set up will have a mountain to climb. The coaching staff seem unsackable, so will naturally think they know best, and will probably always side with the players if they don't think the next appointment is up to scratch.

I do think think he had any respect for him from the start. Its clear that the coaching staff and players have a friendship that will be outside the parameters of what a head coach would have.

Any future head coaching coming in on his own, under that strange set up will have a mountain to climb. The coaching staff seem unsackable, so will naturally think they know best, and will probably always side with the players if they don't think the next appointment is up to scratch.
I do agree with this. A new job is always easier if you have some of your own people around you. If Still is who they want let him bring some of the people who have made him a success. Mind if the recruitment stays as is he could bring Jurgen Klopp & Pep as his coaches and the outcome would be same. Squad is lifting.

Back