Will people turn on the doddsfather

Him and Proctor should share some of the blame, they've been here under 3 head coaches. The young squad looks devoid of any energy or pace. We're in the back end of the season and they look as if they've never played together! I'm not sure what goes on in training, but all this good work, rarely translates over to the games themselves.

I feel like there may be an element of Dodds n Proctor being too friendly with the players to crack the whip and too inexperienced in tactics and formations to know wtf they are doing come matchday.

They should be out the door in the summer, but being mates with Speakman clearly has its advantages.

They'll turn more towards the owners ... Dodds (and Beale ... and to some extent Mowbray) is just the symptom of a lack of understanding of how to own a club like ours.

Its speakman and the club that have fucked fans over AGAIN so that is where the blame lies imo.
But does the coaching staff need changing when a new head coach comes in ?
A big yes from me mind.

You maybe right or as we will do let Dodds take us till the summer then mess around for a few weeks to get a manager in, after Dodds.
Then that new manager he comes in blind to the mess that has been created.
Or we could do the right thing & pay a few quid get him in now then he can have a look at everything for next season.
But no Speakman will let his mate take us, in the hope he can win a few games to give him the job.
Ohh and he can keep picking the team.

Or we could do the right thing & pay a few quid get him in now then he can have a look at everything for next season. < This

Him and Proctor should share some of the blame, they've been here under 3 head coaches. The young squad looks devoid of any energy or pace. We're in the back end of the season and they look as if they've never played together! I'm not sure what goes on in training, but all this good work, rarely translates over to the games themselves.

I feel like there may be an element of Dodds n Proctor being too friendly with the players to crack the whip and too inexperienced in tactics and formations to know wtf they are doing come matchday.

They should be out the door in the summer, but being mates with Speakman clearly has its advantages.
This is the issue, and was when Sbragia got the job. They're coaches, their role isn't to crack the whip it's to be friendly and coach the players, the head coach/manager needs to enforce discipline.

This is the issue, and was when Sbragia got the job. They're coaches, their role isn't to crack the whip it's to be friendly and coach the players, the head coach/manager needs to enforce discipline.

It's their job as coaches to get the lads fit and ready for games, they clearly aren't doing that. I've never seen a bunch of young lads look so sluggish.

Apparently, Beale instructed them to have an extra training session the days after a defeat and the lads weren't happy. Seems the head coach can't crack the whip neither.

I don’t think he is mate. I’m also not convinced Dodds even wants to be head coach. I honestly think the club just don’t want to spend anymore money this season.
Pretty much this. Dodds maybe happy being in the background working with the kids, pushing him to the forefront (whether he wanted it or not) may well be a Poisoned chalice when the new gaffer and his back room team come in. It may well be he may not be able just to slip back into obscurity and be despatched, especially as looks likely it’ll be a pathetic limp to the end of the season with the poor fella taking some of the flack that should be directed at the hierarchy

Last edited:
I actually don’t blame him for the results, he’s been dealt a pile of shite by Speakman.

What I would consider booing him for, would be if he continues to pick golden boy Bellingham and giving minutes to the likes of Burstow. That to me is the sign of a yes man, who is happy to throw his own morals out the window to do whatever his boss wants him to do.

Personally I have a problem with that, as it’s not something I would do.
I’d love to know who this place would actually be playing if it got its own way mind. Ekwah, Rusyn, Aouchiche, Bellingham, Hemir, Burstow, Seelt should all never play for us again apparently. So what starting lineup should we be playing exactly? And who’s the subs that come on in this situation?

I’d love to know who this place would actually be playing if it got its own way mind. Ekwah, Rusyn, Aouchiche, Bellingham, Hemir, Burstow, Seelt should all never play for us again apparently. So what starting lineup should we be playing exactly? And who’s the subs that come on in this situation?

Tremendous that.

I’ve never said any of what you have said above, other than that fair play.

Back