Will parkrun be the 1st...

Cracking time marra, couldnt get out this morning.
We're pacers on? Sure I read something that said cos of covid there'd be no pacers at present
Cheers. Nah, no pacers. Only 185 or so runners aswell. It was a tough one today mind. No booze last night and an early wake up but still didn't feel great halfway round.

How mad do we reckon South Shields will be next Saturday? I fancy it but can envisage a new course record with all the GNR tourists wanting to run the coast

20:44 at Hartlepool park run today, 1st time down there. My running has been poor the last 6 weeks or so, my trainers really need replacing and the heat has been draining. Will be be back down in a few months when it's colder and I've got some new runners, should get it below 20 mins then.

20:44 at Hartlepool park run today, 1st time down there. My running has been poor the last 6 weeks or so, my trainers really need replacing and the heat has been draining. Will be be back down in a few months when it's colder and I've got some new runners, should get it below 20 mins then.
21:11 for me. Just think, we were probably jogging alongside each other at one point. X

Just started doing Parkrun and running in general again after about a year off. Don’t mind admitting it was bloody painful for the first month back. Nice to be back into it again though. Not that it means anything to anyone but my local is the Lake Joondalup Parkrun. I’ll be posting an under 25 mins this week I reckon. Came first in my age group last week as well so not complaining about that. Last time that happened was about three years ago and that was in the previous age group.
As an update, maybe I won’t be posting a sub 25 minute Parkrun this weekend. Came off my bike doing around 35kmh this morning trying to avoid a car pulling out from an intersection and going into the back of my mates bike. He managed to stay on, I didn’t.
Got a few bruises and grazes all down my right side and I’m stiffening up a bit. On the plus side, an inspection of the bike shows that it’s still rideable apart from the bar tape being a bit buggered. I’ll get it to the bike looked at properly on Friday.
The answer to the question you’re all asking though is yes. I did pause my Garmin.

Last edited:
How many different park runs has everyone done? You see a lot of milestone tshirts for total number of park runs but any park run tourists about? What is your favourite park run so far?

Back