Will parkrun be the 1st...

Haven't done that one before, might do it next week. Think it would be more difficult than Silksworth, more hilly..?
Silky is easier imo, just the daft hill at the end where as Herra seems to be more sapping.

Just got back from the Herra one. Segregated by estimated time at the beginning but other than that back to normal. Not as big a turn out as expected mind.

Mass start at silksworth, wasn’t as many as I expected either but still a good crowd for pre-COVID standards. The hill is annoying but I’m fortunate that relative to people around me I tend to pull away on it rather than get caught up.

I struggled like fuck this morning :lol: My running watch didn’t charge overnight and i felt completely lost without it. But this morning is a good reference point to work from.

Silky is easier imo, just the daft hill at the end where as Herra seems to be more sapping.

Just got back from the Herra one. Segregated by estimated time at the beginning but other than that back to normal. Not as big a turn out as expected mind.
Aye, I expected a bigger crowd for its return. Well organised at the start and end.
Think I seen you at the start, were you near the front
Just seen a video from bushy Park run, must be about 800 at the start!
Mass start at silksworth, wasn’t as many as I expected either but still a good crowd for pre-COVID standards. The hill is annoying but I’m fortunate that relative to people around me I tend to pull away on it rather than get caught up.
I hate hills, feels like Im on the gladiators travelator

Last edited:
Did Lakeside in Pompey for the first time. Scenic enough but a fair bit of it on a gravel track which wasn't in the best state after an overnight storm. Also 200 people running into a bottleneck after about 400 yards isn't great, and why does some slow dozy fucker with a dog on a lead think it would be a good idea to start near the front. :rolleyes:

Other than that, happy with 136/196 in just over 30 minutes. I will get under that half hour mark if it kills me (which it probably will).

Despite being a passionate runner my ankle has been fucked since May 2020 so decided to volunteer at our local Parkrun. It was a poor substitute for running it, but it was wonderful to be involved and to see the event going again. Will be back next week!

Aye, I expected a bigger crowd for its return. Well organised at the start and end.
Think I seen you at the start, were you near the front
Just seen a video from bushy Park run, must be about 800 at the start!
Yeah mate, finished higher than usual due to the lack of fast'uns. :lol:

Should keep the segregated start like. It worked well imo.

Despite being a passionate runner my ankle has been fucked since May 2020 so decided to volunteer at our local Parkrun. It was a poor substitute for running it, but it was wonderful to be involved and to see the event going again. Will be back next week!
Races are often short of helpers.
If you want to get involved, get in touch with some race organisers and offer to volunteer.
Better still, go on a couple of simple (1 day?) courses and you can become an official and then you get paid (£10-£20?) for officiating instead of nothing for volunteering.
Officials are always in short supply and races can't take place without them and you don't need to look for places to volunteer as the race organisers will come looking for you as an official.

Races are often short of helpers.
If you want to get involved, get in touch with some race organisers and offer to volunteer.
Better still, go on a couple of simple (1 day?) courses and you can become an official and then you get paid (£10-£20?) for officiating instead of nothing for volunteering.
Officials are always in short supply and races can't take place without them and you don't need to look for places to volunteer as the race organisers will come looking for you as an official.

Happy to continue volunteering at our local one, it was a great experience and nice to help people.

Someone had a heart attack at our parkrun this morning apparently. Air ambulance and everything. I missed it because I was off doing some kid bollocks but apparently they are stable. Made me think twice about volunteering again, mind.

Back