Will Keane

So Preston aren't playing with a striker. Maybe we should try Dack there
What the fuck you on about?🤷‍♂️

Every single website I've looked at list Keane as a striker.
His last 5 starts, 4 as a striker.
Yet you're claiming he's not a striker.🤷‍♂️

What the fuck you on about?🤷‍♂️

Every single website I've looked at list Keane as a striker.
His last 5 starts, 4 as a striker.
Yet you're claiming he's not a striker.🤷‍♂️
You obviously haven't watched the lad play then. But yes you just rely on what the Internet tells you

You obviously haven't watched the lad play then. But yes you just rely on what the Internet tells you
OK I'll bow down to your superior knowledge.

Every single website on the Internet is wrong and the Preston manager has obviously got it wrong by playing him up front.

I'm happy with our current model, I'm patient enough to give it a real go, thinking longer term as opposed to the short term approach that has failed us for a long time now.
Do you believe that we should only buy players we can make a profit on? I believe (may be wrong) but Kean was a freebie and surely we can match PNE wages, if not we’re goosed.

I’ve seen at least 2 previous long term plans, under Cowie and Murray go tits up, never seen an underfunded one succeed anywhere.

Do you believe that we should only buy players we can make a profit on? I believe (may be wrong) but Kean was a freebie and surely we can match PNE wages, if not we’re goosed.

I’ve seen at least 2 previous long term plans, under Cowie and Murray go tits up, never seen an underfunded one succeed anywhere.
You can't compare what we're doing to Cowie and Murray, it's completely different.

Sorry it’s very similar; five year plans but with no investment.

So far his season we’ve had 2, so why do you think that?
But there is clearly investment. We wouldn't have the team we have otherwise. We've just spent £2m on Mundle. How many teams in the Championship have spent that much on a player this window?

But there is clearly investment. We wouldn't have the team we have otherwise. We've just spent £2m on Mundle. How many teams in the Championship have spent that much on a player
you sure it was £2m? It’s the Stewart revenue, to succeed we’ll need some capital put into the club

But there is clearly investment. We wouldn't have the team we have otherwise. We've just spent £2m on Mundle. How many teams in the Championship have spent that much on a player this window?
People are just desperate for a bit of here and now. I am too in some ways. But also I do understand we aren’t paying 4/5/6 million for a 28yr old anymore. The club can’t make everyone happy. I do feel we needed a tad more experience. I think the club would’ve had to sell Clarke to go really big in the transfer market and I’m pleased we haven’t

Are we going to have a thread about every championship striker that scores a goal between now and the end of the season?

Of course we are :lol:

We’re also going to ignore things like:
- how much they get paid
- what formation they play in (Preston play 352, not sure who everyone is planning on playing alongside Keane in our team they’re transporting him into)
- how many goals overall the team they current play for have scored (Preston have scored 38 in 30 games vs our 40 in 29 games)
etc etc etc

Ah but how much are they paying him, they could go bust
they are one of the skintest clubs in the championship..ive no doubt at least five SAFC players earn more than him...
This is why some of our fans are this owner and Speakmans dream, literally falling hook line and sinker for it.

We don’t have to make money on every single player. For the sake of it, Christ.
speakman hs signed very many players there was no possibility of making money on so obviously we dont need to make money on ever deal.

Last edited:
Saw the goals he scored tonight. Got lucky both goals.

Would rather we would have signed stansfield still like. He’d have been ideal for us. Scored 9 or 10 for a shit team already. Wouldn’t surprise me if he hits 16-17 plus under TM

Back