Will Keane

We are competitive, hence why we're sitting outside the playoffs.

we were a fit centre half or a half decent striker away from a wembley play off final last season, i don't consider where we are now being competitive. we should be aiming for the top two. speakman said that's what we're aiming for, so if you believe that then we're failing quite considerably.

Where would we be if we had a striker who’d scored double figures and had a few assists?
I reckon we’d be about the same, maybe a few points better but not dramatically. It’s being wide open and utter shite at defending set pieces that been our biggest issue.

we were a fit centre half or a half decent striker away from a wembley play off final last season, i don't consider where we are now being competitive. we should be aiming for the top two. speakman said that's what we're aiming for, so if you believe that then we're failing quite considerably.
But we had lots of injuries, that's what scuppered us. You can't just continue signing players when the squad is already heavy and or suffering from injuries. Simms leaving impacted us, clubs knew we were desperate for a striker which then made it difficult to complete a deal without breaking the bank. I'm unsure why people seem to overlook these things.

We did very well to bring in players like Amad, and we did extremely well to finish in the playoffs.

It has to be seriously considered as we've wasted money left right and centre on average players over the years who have just been liabilities.

We are competitive, hence why we're sitting outside the playoffs.
You’ve got to be on a wind up. Imagine we could have had Will Keane and been good enough to win the playoffs.

But we had lots of injuries, that's what scuppered us. You can't just continue signing players when the squad is already heavy and or suffering from injuries. Simms leaving impacted us, clubs knew we were desperate for a striker which then made it difficult to complete a deal without breaking the bank. I'm unsure why people seem to overlook these things.

We did very well to bring in players like Amad, and we did extremely well to finish in the playoffs.

i'm not sure what you're point is here. you say all the injuries scuppered us, then you say we did extremely well to finish in the play offs. both of which i agree with, but surely that makes this season even more disappointing that we're outside the play offs.

you were trying to say we're competitive this season, i'd say we're underachieving massively because we've invested in the future and ignored actually being competitive this year when we have a real chance to get promoted.

i'm not sure what you're point is here. you say all the injuries scuppered us, then you say we did extremely well to finish in the play offs. both of which i agree with, but surely that makes this season even more disappointing that we're outside the play offs.

you were trying to say we're competitive this season, i'd say we're underachieving massively because we've invested in the future and ignored actually being competitive this year when we have a real chance to get promoted.
Compared to the wages other clubs are spending, it could be argued we're massively overachieving in fact.

We could have been in for Keane for all we know. Perhaps they thought he didn't fit in with the way we play, there's lots of things to consider. Not on a wind-up at all.

:lol: ;)
The way we play? Without a centre forward you mean. It’s football man not rocket science.
You sound like Speakman tbh.

so when you said we're competitive you mean in comparison to the teams fighting relegation?
No, unsure how you got that from I said. Considering we more than matched Leicester away, have beaten Leeds, Southampton, West Brom and Hull, I'd say we're competitive.
Neither will we without a goal scoring striker
We've got more chance of finishing in the playoffs than Preston do.

We've got 3 strikers who by the sounds of it, we're going to give a chance.

Last edited:
No, unsure how you got that from I said. Considering we more than matched Leicester away, have beaten Leeds, Southampton, West Brom and Hull, I'd say we're competitive.

We've got more chance of finishing in the playoffs than Preston do.

We've got 3 strikers who by the sounds of it, we're going to give a chance.
Lets hope we start playing them, and they get into a scoring run, as they've never had much of a chance yet. And our wingers need to stick a few balls into the box or through balls occasionally too. Which they don't seem to like doing.

Back