Will Grigg’s ankle injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s poor like, he cost over 3 mill in league one
he didnt cost over three million-he cost less..and the fee wasnt paid for him to justofy it in 13 games...he is doing ok..and will do better when fit..

Injured, shit, lazy or all three?
his record of achievemtne in league one andf the championship indicates it wont be the second or third one..

It’s poor like, he cost over 3 mill in league one
would be nice if the manager played him in his proper positin for a bit..he has been out of position loads of times..

Last edited:
he didnt cost over three million-he cost less..and the fee wasnt paid for him to justofy it in 13 games...he is doing ok..and will do better when fit..

his record of achievemtne in league one andf the championship indicates it wont be the second or third one..

would be nice if the manager played him in his proper positin for a bit..he has been out of position loads of times..

Ultimately, if hes not fit, he shouldn't play. Equally if he is fit and this is his best, he shouldn't play.

Yes he did

Can’t pick and choose

Yes he did

Can’t pick and choose
he played him in two different positons-one of them likely therefore was not his best positon? im not clsaiming to know enough about will grigg to know which one was the best one.but i expect JR to know that before he spends just under £3m of other peoples moeny on the player.

I must've imagined Wyke getting a bad knee injury after being wiped out by the Burton keeper (who ought to have been sent off).

Tbf he was still injured when we signed him.

Some of our fans seem to be turning on individual players just at the wrong time.

Win tomorrow and it will settle down again. Last week was a joke and players will rightly be criticised after it.

Last edited:
Win tomorrow and it will settle down again. Last week was a joke and players will rightly be criticised after it.
Of course marra, but some of it haa been ott. Wyke was backed to the hilt at Accrington and Rochdale. All of a sudden he looks a different player. How do you reckon the crowd will react if Flanagan plays a stray pass in the first few minutes tomorrow?

Of course marra, but some of it haa been ott. Wyke was backed to the hilt at Accrington and Rochdale. All of a sudden he looks a different player. How do you reckon the crowd will react if Flanagan plays a stray pass in the first few minutes tomorrow?

Some of it is like. Everyone usually gets stick at the match I'd they make a stray pass so won't be much different. I don't think he will play tomorrow and rightly so. I'd have dropped him after Burton game tbh. Performances like that shouldn't be tolerated, even if it's a 1 game rotation to give a kick up the arse.

Which he will.

Baldwin misplaced 3 in the first 2 minutes against Burton and the crowd while frustrated never got on his back. They also cheered his name to the rafters when he equalised. We all want them to do well, but most of us know that the likes of Baldwin and Flanagan just aren’t up to scratch.

Last edited:
I must've imagined Wyke getting a bad knee injury after being wiped out by the Burton keeper (who ought to have been sent off).
It wasnt your imagination.
However we signed Wyke and he was already injured,wasnt available for a good few games.

Grigg hasn't set the world on fire, obviously not fully fit....
It's all Jack's fault apparently.
well jack signed him..and presumably knew he was injured if he was injured..so while i dont think its anyones fault as i dont think there is a problem...JR is accountable for the signings..

well we had to back maja into a corner-time was running out!
grigg has played more than 30 games a season for each of the past six seasons..he is not injury prone..
Why was time running out? That was the narrative created by the club's choices,not necessarily the reality. As soon as he was backed in to a corner,then that absurd talking about things in public,the team was destabilised.

Maybe I was wrong about him being injury prone,just what I was told by some NI fans and a Wigan lad,maybe my faith was misplaced in listening to them.

Why was time running out? That was the narrative created by the club's choices,not necessarily the reality. As soon as he was backed in to a corner,then that absurd talking about things in public,the team was destabilised.

Maybe I was wrong about him being injury prone,just what I was told by some NI fans and a Wigan lad,maybe my faith was misplaced in listening to them.
because he refused to play-and we needed someone in in januray. the club offered him a contract in the september.
the club were then set behind in their planning by him saying he wanted to stay-therefore they didnt need to plan to buy anotger main striker.
the uncertainty either way had to end. january was the optimal time for it to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back