Wickets to be renamed 'outs' for The Hundred

Totally lost the plot with limited overs cricket.
The old Gillette cup had a bit of substance despite the Lords final being won on the toss of coin.
Nowadays it is hard to keep track of all the different formats.
Even the County Championship seems to have a different points system every season, different league system and is played not in high summer when the wickets are at their best but marginalised for the one day stuff.

Totally lost the plot with limited overs cricket.
The old Gillette cup had a bit of substance despite the Lords final being won on the toss of coin.
Nowadays it is hard to keep track of all the different formats.
Even the County Championship seems to have a different points system every season, different league system and is played not in high summer when the wickets are at their best but marginalised for the one day stuff.

At least part of high summer needs to be reserved for something the kids get into for me. I just don’t like the ‘blocks’ idea, aside from for the Hundred.

Outside of that the T20 (Friday nights) and CC should run pretty much right through from April to September for me. Much better for fans - whenever they try asking people to tip up to three games in five days crowds plummet, understandably, and the buzz of the tournament goes.

If players having to flit between formats is the price to pay, so be it.

Every single comment on both posts bar one (not an exaggeration) is massively anti-hundred.

Mind you can read the comments without an account anyway…… 🤷‍♂️
It's telling me I need to log in. I'll have a look on the laptop later.

I'm not surprised the comments are all anti 16.4, I'm also curious about how true their sales patter is about tickets selling fast.

It's telling me I need to log in. I'll have a look on the laptop later.

I'm not surprised the comments are all anti 16.4, I'm also curious about how true their sales patter is about tickets selling fast.
You’ll see from the comments that clearly you’re not the only one who is dubious ;)
Seeing non stop advertising about it. It's gone down like a lead balloon here from everyone I know. Not many Leicestershire fans will want to support a team based at Trent Bridge.
I really can’t comprehend how much the ECB have misread the room on this. Not only that, but they continue to plough on with something that I’ve seen roundly criticised and held in utter contempt by anyone* who’s ever seen a cricket ground.

*who isn’t paid to promote it, save for a small smattering of loons.

Last edited:
There's another franchise tournament being planned in the UAE.

Basically a T-15 format but at least they do 6 ball overs.

If the ECB are trying to get the Indian finance on board they may lose out to this.
Another brand new fanbase, apparently. Got to wonder just how many untapped fanbases are out there......

There's another franchise tournament being planned in the UAE.

Basically a T-15 format but at least they do 6 ball overs.

If the ECB are trying to get the Indian finance on board they may lose out to this.

I could have swallowed this idea, as it's not a massive variation from what T20 is, but the 16.4, what a load of shite

Back