Why would you go to the press?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecution of criminals is always in the public interest, make the criminals pay the cost of the prosecution
I disagree.

Cost of prosecution isn't the total cost to the public purse either.

What would you be looking at in that s case case really had he been arrested? A caution?

There would have been social services involvement too.

The blokes managed to make a tit of himself imo.

Picking wild flowers is not a criminal offence, picking them from a council display or private land is. I'd prefer my kids to do something personal rather than spending money in the local florist. My daughter picks wild flowers all the time and puts them in her flower press to make cards and displays.

Daffodils are not wild flowers. They have been put there by a council and belong to that council. It's rare to find daffodils growing in urban areas where they haven't been originally planted by some organisation. Ditto for crocuses etc. And there are restrictions on picking certain types of wild flowers too. Have you taught your child the difference between those that are protected species and those that aren't? Do you even know yourself?

Absolute scandal this like. Killings at Westminster, terrorism around the world, people suffering from famine etc. But this, this, has to be the worst thing to happen on planet earth recently.

f***ing scratters.

I disagree.

Cost of prosecution isn't the total cost to the public purse either.

What would you be looking at in that s case case really had he been arrested? A caution?

There would have been social services involvement too.

The blokes managed to make a tit of himself imo.

He looks like the sort of man who wouldn't admit it so couldn't have a caution. Hanging is too good etc

No. If you want to hang around you help. You don't stand there and video people in distress ffs.
Mate, I've never been in a situation like that, i imagine if i was I'd be away as fast as my legs can carry me.

However, there are a couple of reasons recording things like terror attacks is important.

As I've already said, somebody could pick up footage that is invaluable to investigators, something caught on a phone could help identify those responsible. They could even catch another event on camera, nobody filming the events of 911 would have thought they were going to see another plane hit, as they were filming we have it from many different angles.

Second is as historical evidence. From the Boston bombing to the Holocaust we've seen that some pieces of shit will deny tragic events even happened. Footage can shut some, if not all, of these people up.

My daughter picks daffs from the local field all the time, likewise at Warkworth Castle last weekend. What next? Criminalising cutting the council grass that they refuse to cut due to budget cuts?

Pathetic really and should have only warranted a verbal warning. No need to take the daffs away as they'd only go in the bin anyway.
Probably abused the PC prior to getting his phone out. PC then thought you twat and wrote him a ticket

Talking about it on the radio now. (Yes I'm an old fart and have radio 2 on...)
Pleased to hear the vast majority think the bloke was in the wrong and support the PC for having words with him. That's all she did, it went no further.

Tight git should've bought some flowers instead.

Pleased to hear the vast majority think the bloke was in the wrong and support the PC for having words with him. That's all she did, it went no further.

It's not so much to do with what he was doing (although he is an absolute cheapskate). Its the fact he went on like an absolute cock and then went to the press to let the world see what a dick he is.

Radio 2 is canny, but Jeremy Vine's slot tends to be absolute wank filled with moaners and shite conversation topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back