Why would you go to the press?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its a lot easier to not click on links to shit like that, it's not news that there's an epidemic of bellendness sweeping the nation.

My daughter picks daffs from the local field all the time, likewise at Warkworth Castle last weekend. What next? Criminalising cutting the council grass that they refuse to cut due to budget cuts?

Pathetic really and should have only warranted a verbal warning. No need to take the daffs away as they'd only go in the bin anyway.

Read the article, the police took them to a local care home.

I was at Peterlee cemetery yesterday taking some flowers to my Mam, as it was her first Mothers Day away from us. As we left the cemetery a man was standing watching his kid picking daffs from the grass verge. I said to my daughter, look at that ignorant, cheap bastard letting his kid pick those flowers, when he could have bought a bunch in Asda for a quid.

As a Mother, I would prefer shop bought, to stolen flowers. And I would prefer that my partner did not allow my children to criminalise themselves when they are in his sole care. Once I saw that video of my kids being told off for something that should never have happened, my partner would find himself well and truly in the doghouse.

I'm just happy that i have nothing worse to read over my breakfast.
I've not seen the vid. but he sounds like a "How dare you tell me off for nicking flowers" wanker.
I got caught having a slash in the bushes in the middle of nowhere. Nobody in sight, so i tucked myself into a corner, and was half way through a very slow pee, (prostate) when i heard a van pulling up behind me. Had to be a copper did'nt it. Got a bollocking, but held my hands up and apologised.End of story. Sorry nee vid.

Having just watched the video the man shows himself to be more of a bellend than the article made hime out to be. Someone who thinks he knows the law but in actual fact knows the square root of fuck all, tops it all off with the old I pay my taxes which pay your wages.

Scores a solid 9 on the twatometer

I was not expecting to see the daff scratter story appear on this forum. That is twice I have ended up going to that link now.

I'm just happy that i have nothing worse to read over my breakfast.
I've not seen the vid. but he sounds like a "How dare you tell me off for nicking flowers" wanker.
I got caught having a slash in the bushes in the middle of nowhere. Nobody in sight, so i tucked myself into a corner, and was half way through a very slow pee, (prostate) when i heard a van pulling up behind me. Had to be a copper did'nt it. Got a bollocking, but held my hands up and apologised.End of story. Sorry nee vid.

I don't think you should be apologizing for that. Basic biological functions like that should not be criminalised, especially when you are in the middle of nowhere with no alternatives. I am not suggesting letting off someone who decides to take a dump in the town centre. However, if someone is struck by a urgent need and can not get to a loo, it would suggest that crapping yourself or pissing yourself is the legal alternative to doing it on the pavement and cleaning it up.

As a Mother, I would prefer shop bought, to stolen flowers. And I would prefer that my partner did not allow my children to criminalise themselves when they are in his sole care. Once I saw that video of my kids being told off for something that should never have happened, my partner would find himself well and truly in the doghouse.

Picking wild flowers is not a criminal offence, picking them from a council display or private land is. I'd prefer my kids to do something personal rather than spending money in the local florist. My daughter picks wild flowers all the time and puts them in her flower press to make cards and displays.

What an absolute tosser. It's a pity the police officer didn't have an excuse to cuff him.

It's people like this who are doing Romanian daffodil pickers out of a job.

Last edited:
Picking wild flowers is not a criminal offence, picking them from a council display or private land is. I'd prefer my kids to do something personal rather than spending money in the local florist. My daughter picks wild flowers all the time and puts them in her flower press to make cards and displays.

Not quite true

Crime is crime
It is indeed, there's got to be a bit of common sense though.

If he'd been arrested how much would it have cost, both on time and public sector employee time? I imagine there would have been social services involvement if he'd been arrested too.

Could be talking dozens of man hours for the sake of a few bulbs, not really in the public interest TBF.

It is indeed, there's got to be a bit of common sense though.

If he'd been arrested how much would it have cost, both on time and public sector employee time? I imagine there would have been social services involvement if he'd been arrested too.

Could be talking dozens of man hours for the sake of a few bulbs, not really in the public interest TBF.

Prosecution of criminals is always in the public interest, make the criminals pay the cost of the prosecution

'Ruined Mother's Day '
:lol::lol:

Shops closed then ?

Clearly forgot about mothers day otherwise he would have bought some on saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back