Why wait?

KLD has a plan. It's Speakman's job to implement it.

Mowbray had enough and got himself sacked, and I don't blame him.

Speakman had identified Will Still as his next managerial target, but he's £1m more expensive now than in the summer, so we plod on. Then Still realises we're a basket case and we'll get another no-mark...

KLD has a plan. It's Speakman's job to implement it.

Mowbray had enough and got himself sacked, and I don't blame him.

Speakman had identified Will Still as his next managerial target, but he's £1m more expensive now than in the summer, so we plod on. Then Still realises we're a basket case and we'll get another no-mark...
Was quoted as 5-7m for Still wasn’t it?

Because Mike Dodds has us going toe to toe with the giants of the championship and we always start the game on level terms until they score

Are we expecting a raft of good managers to become available in June?
Genuine question.
🤣 why ask me? I’ve got no idea man.

I will say this though - I have little confidence they’ll do the right thing as they just seem to balls everything up time after time.
HOWEVER! They said they’d wait til the summer - it would be even more ridiculous to go back on that imo. Giving themselves time to get it right was a sensible move. Even though they are so daft they couldn’t foresee us losing game after game. They aren’t clever enough to realise if you become a one man team it’s dangerous as that player could get injured!

🤣 why ask me? I’ve got no idea man.

I will say this though - I have little confidence they’ll do the right thing as they just seem to balls everything up time after time.
HOWEVER! They said they’d wait til the summer - it would be even more ridiculous to go back on that imo. Giving themselves time to get it right was a sensible move. Even though they are so daft they couldn’t foresee us losing game after game. They aren’t clever enough to realise if you become a one man team it’s dangerous as that player could get injured!
Well I ask simply because you asserted that it wasn't complicated to understand that managers have jobs. The inference is that you believe that in June, suitable managers in the context of our needs, would be available then.
I'm only questioning your previous logic(?).

Because as things stand we won’t be looking for a manager. We’ll be looking for a young coach who is prepared to do as he’s told, pick who he’s told to pick and won’t rock the boat.
You are correct but I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about coaches, coaches, coaches...we also need a strong hand too, ie. a man manager, a motivator in the dressing room, a leader of men.

Smith, Reid, Keane, Allardyce...you need a strong character to be a success at Sunderland and that is something which we are sadly lacking.

Well I ask simply because you asserted that it wasn't complicated to understand that managers have jobs. The inference is that you believe that in June, suitable managers in the context of our needs, would be available then.
I'm only questioning your previous logic(?).
It seems obvious to me that there’ll be more choice then than now.

You are correct but I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about coaches, coaches, coaches...we also need a strong hand too, ie. a man manager, a motivator in the dressing room, a leader of men.

Smith, Reid, Keane, Allardyce...you need a strong character to be a success at Sunderland and that is something which we are sadly lacking.
Agree 100% and the lack of experience in the dugout shone out yet again today.

Bellingham equalised in the 71st minute. We were on a run of five consecutive defeats away from home against a side fighting for automatic promotion. Surely the right thing would have been to hold what we had, the pressure was all on them at that stage in the game.

But no we recklessly committed far too many men forward and the two further goals we concede are carbon copies of each other - a lesson in how not to defend.

And I can see why they wouldn’t want to pay that for someone they will get for nowt in the summer. But the only solution can’t be to write this season off and possibly end up in a relegation scrap.
The arrogance which Speakman has shown he probably thought there was no chance of that.

Back