Why wait?

That’s the thing. He’s pretty trigger happy sacking coaches but Speakman gets away with murder. Surely that implies Speakman is carrying out KLD’s instructions regarding recruitment
Or he’s sold him on his way of doing things and they are both too stubborn to admit they need to adjust.

Like genuinely, why on earth are we waiting for the summer to get a manager in? The shit model was about progression and always improving. So we announce we are putting a complete nobody in a coaching role to the summer - automatically you are saying that you have written off the season.

We deserve way better
We shouldn’t have to put up with this

Sack Speakman
Tell Dodds and that Sesame Street character Proctor out of the club

Get a manager in to start working with the players now to start planning for next season

It’s a disgrace
Which self respecting manager will work under this model, knowing full well that Speakmans pet poodle will be whispering in his ear and dobbing the manager in at every opportunity? We'll end up with another Beale.

Like genuinely, why on earth are we waiting for the summer to get a manager in? The shit model was about progression and always improving. So we announce we are putting a complete nobody in a coaching role to the summer - automatically you are saying that you have written off the season.

We deserve way better

Sack Speakman

Get a manager in to start working with the players now to start planning for next season

It’s a disgrace
Because speakman wants his nodding dog mate to get the job
He’ll cling on till the bitter end to make sure he gets it

Define proven successful.

Leicester and Ipswich both have managers who are in their first roles as the main man in this league.
It's more to do with the timing. Maresco was appointed pre season , McKenna in december.
Asuuming a "successful" prospective coach is still employed at this stage of the season , then his team is maybe still in with shout of promotion or whatever.
Apart from Cooper , who would probably cost a fortune , who is out of work ?

We deserve way better

Sack Speakman

It’s a disgrace

Because KLD is now a mag infiltrator who will cling onto our club like the odious little leech he is, sucking the blood from it until all that’s left is a dried up husk in league one.

It's more to do with the timing. Maresco was appointed pre season , McKenna in december.
Asuuming a "successful" prospective coach is still employed at this stage of the season , then his team is maybe still in with shout of promotion or whatever.
Apart from Cooper , who would probably cost a fortune , who is out of work ?

My point being. Even in the summer, will we go out and poach some one and pay their compo?

My point being. Even in the summer, will we go out and poach some one and pay their compo?
Well with all due respect thats not what you asked me. You may well be correct in that KLD continues on this disastrous cheapskate route come the summer. That is a seperate discussion alltogether. But you were asking me for my defination of "proven successful" . Mind you I didnt answer that anyway :lol:
Off the top of my head I know of no available coach that we could bring in now who fits that description.

The club are putting pressure on themselves to get it right like, probably more than they did after sacking Mowbray because they've effectively written the season off in February for the sake of waiting.

You've been badly let down by those at the top. KLD and Speakman are sucking the joy out of being a supporter. The lack of money to update or improve infrastructure, the reliance on cheap to replace decent, solid players, the backing of managers who, for want of better, doff caps and get on with a model which is deeply, deeply unworkable. Unless you've got five years to waste awaiting a new generation of distinctly average first-team players.

Reminds me of Marcus Evans so much. He had resources, just not the heart or desire to build and generate. We stagnated, got relegated to League One, relied on players who looked uncomfortable with the expectation. Meanwhile the ground festered; the roofs of the shiny stands became begrimed, the mood of the supporters became blasé and disenfranchised. Kids walked round Ipswich town centre in West Ham and Man City and Spurs and Arsenal shirts. I got a free ticket for one of my neighbours for a Saturday game and he said "Oh that lot" with all the distaste of someone offered a ticket to watch synchronised combine harvesting.

I lost interest. Why pay forty quid a month to watch a team in its death throes, constrained and let down? So we stayed in the pub when we all met up and three o'clock came and we carried on drinking and laughing and enjoying ourselves. It seemed preferable to the footy. And I am an Ipswich Town supporter, have been since I was taken by my dad at six years of age, the excitement of going, the thrill of seeing the pitch and the warm-ups and the crowds and the anticipation of a game. And my son, now twenty-two and about to marry his girlfriend, even the joy of seeing him beaming after a night game on a school night, the illicit thrill of a young man up way beyond his bedtime, now going to every home game with a smile, even he admits he had to force himself during the latter part of the Evans reign.

It's a downright travesty for a club who attract 40k to have to watch the likes of us above them. I would be spitting blood. The play-offs should be the bare minimum, they should have invested to ensure it. You should be challenging Leicester and Leeds and the Saints for promotion. It's a bloody disgrace and an absolute cowardly capitulation from the top.

Back