Why the hate campaign against EVs?

Anything on the 10 year old leaf?
We'd of had to of charged it on a public charger for one journey in the 9-10 month of EV driving.So it would of worked out fine for us,plus it's a £2k -£3k vehicle.👌Very dated now and we're never pretty to start with.

Was cheap enough tbf, but 60 miles, it would need charged daily.

It was a very early model with a new range of about 120miles, so being at 60miles range is about right. Autoalex bought a 450,000 mile model s and has been testing that. It’s safe to say it goes a lot further than 60miles

The technology is improving all the time. There's quite a few moon mile Tesla's out there but mostly first Gen ones. The Model 3 is only 5 years old in the UK but there has been a few over 100k that are still on original brakes. I saw a taxi used one recently on youtube i think, and the seats etc had worn really well. Original Battery and Motors and was well over 120k
that must be the most widely used phrase by the leccy car brigade. it's as though it's a comfort blanket for them.

It was a very early model with a new range of about 120miles, so being at 60miles range is about right. Autoalex bought a 450,000 mile model s and has been testing that. It’s safe to say it goes a lot further than 60miles

So half its distance in 10 years. How much distance would a 10 year old nissan micra lose in 10 years?

You don’t think it’s worrying for the poor souls who brought a leaf in good faith.

It’s a Nissan, not a Tesla. But technology is improving all the time I suppose.

The technology is improving all the time. There's quite a few moon mile Tesla's out there but mostly first Gen ones. The Model 3 is only 5 years old in the UK but there has been a few over 100k that are still on original brakes. I saw a taxi used one recently on youtube i think, and the seats etc had worn really well. Original Battery and Motors and was well over 120k

There's a Tesla in Newcastle, the all wheel drive batshit fast version that's a taxi

So half its distance in 10 years. How much distance would a 10 year old nissan micra lose in 10 years?

You don’t think it’s worrying.

It’s a Nissan, not a Tesla. But technology is improving all the time I suppose.

The point was the leaf was very much a first gen product, it's poor range new is a big part of that. Saying it only has a 60 mile range would be a lot worse if it's original range was 300 miles. It's not great, but it's not that bad. The Tesla after 450,000 miles was still doing over 200 miles to a charge, that's not bad and it will have far less spent on maintenance to get that many miles than an ICE vehicle would have. Plus as you say technology is improving, so as these are developed they will get better and better.

The point was the leaf was very much a first gen product, it's poor range new is a big part of that. Saying it only has a 60 mile range would be a lot worse if it's original range was 300 miles. It's not great, but it's not that bad. The Tesla after 450,000 miles was still doing over 200 miles to a charge, that's not bad and it will have far less spent on maintenance to get that many miles than an ICE vehicle would have. Plus as you say technology is improving, so as these are developed they will get better and better.
Half its range is bad, no matter how hard you want to dress it up. There will be some leaf owners out there who are quite upset at losing half their range in ten years.

had mine ( personally) for a month or two and the business is running a couple of others So far we're all delighted. But you know there's still time for them to spontaneously combust or run up.an exorbitant bill in tyres or some such.

There are more new Tesla's out there than ever before, see them everywhere you go.
Maybe it’s a North East thing. It’s the MGs which seem to be making an appearance, possibly as said to the loss of Tesla.
How's the "EGR,DPF,Maf,manifold,adblue,emissions " technology coming on these days
Cleanest diesels have ever been, so the technology must be advancing.

Last edited:

Back