Why the hate campaign against EVs?

If your experience is anything like mine it will be a waste of time and effort.

There's a problem with smart meters nationwide so the tariff cannot be applied.

Also, EON customer service is abysmal
Sounds about right, why would they want people to have cheap electric when they can charge full whack.

At least octopus seem to have some morals in the cartel business.

A vlogger I've watched on YouTube has a Porsche Taycan and hates it. He decided to go back to an ICE Porsche but his local dealer wouldn't part ex his car. He was touting it around local Porsche dealers but still has it. It's £57k for Porsche to replace the battery if it's needed. Cars like this in a few years will have no second hand market value. My Alfa is 15 years old now. If it was an EV it would likely be in a scrapyard. Batteries very quickly cost more than the car is worth. Not a problem if you buy new, or very nearly new. But the current buoyant market in older ice cars will disappear when it all goes electric.

A vlogger I've watched on YouTube has a Porsche Taycan and hates it. He decided to go back to an ICE Porsche but his local dealer wouldn't part ex his car. He was touting it around local Porsche dealers but still has it. It's £57k for Porsche to replace the battery if it's needed. Cars like this in a few years will have no second hand market value. My Alfa is 15 years old now. If it was an EV it would likely be in a scrapyard. Batteries very quickly cost more than the car is worth. Not a problem if you buy new, or very nearly new. But the current buoyant market in older ice cars will disappear when it all goes electric.
It's Derek MacMaster,he needs to create a crisis to generate clicks and earn a living.

He’s not creating a crisis - dealerships just aren’t happy to take EVs as part ex’s
On the one I watched he stated what WBAC,Carwow and a few others offered him.Iirc there was one Porsche dealer that didn't want it,Leeds or Nottingham possibly.He can sell it no problem.
My Alfa is 15 years old now. If it was an EV it would likely be in a scrapyard.
What's the life span of a 13 year old Leaf?

Last edited:
Tesla laying off 10% of it's workforce.

14,000 people
Demand for EVs is dropping so something has to give.
On the one I watched he stated what WBAC,Carwow and a few others offered him.Iirc there was one Porsche dealer that didn't want it,Leeds or Nottingham possibly.He can sell it no problem.

A ten year old leaf is down to 60 miles.

At a monumental loss.

Last edited:
2023 was a record for newEV registrations despite new car registrations being down by 18%…not sure how that equates to demand dropping? For 2024 the drop in market share is about 1% down on last year.

Tesla’s problem is that all other manufacturers have entered the market and they haven’t kept up.

A ten year old leaf is down to 60 miles.

At a monumental loss.
I watched that yesterday. It wasn't a bad buy actually if you want a cheap and very local runaround. With the emphasis on very local. Batteries will be a problem on older cars we've just got to hope they improve. Otherwise there will be no older car market which will affect sales higher up the chain. Or there will be a lot of what should still be ok cars scrapped.

I watched that yesterday. It wasn't a bad buy actually if you want a cheap and very local runaround. With the emphasis on very local. Batteries will be a problem on older cars we've just got to hope they improve. Otherwise there will be no older car market which will affect sales higher up the chain. Or there will be a lot of what should still be ok cars scrapped.

The technology is improving all the time. There's quite a few moon mile Tesla's out there but mostly first Gen ones. The Model 3 is only 5 years old in the UK but there has been a few over 100k that are still on original brakes. I saw a taxi used one recently on youtube i think, and the seats etc had worn really well. Original Battery and Motors and was well over 120k

Was cheap enough tbf, but 60 miles, it would need charged daily.

Back