Why the hate campaign against EVs?

Hopefully none of these are private buys - dealers are losing confidence in EVs - Honda have just knocked 8k off their NY1 EV which was only recently launched - residuals are a real issue if you take the private EV route
Daughter was looking at a new Mokka ev at Bristol Street 7k off list price still 30k though. I found a 23 plate same spec with tiny miles 23k. I am a fan of ev,s in general not sure how the depreciation compares to the same car with ice

Did you get the Honda 8k discount?
I, along with dealer discount so was to good me nose up at. Never even thought about going electric till the deal came up
Daughter was looking at a new Mokka ev at Bristol Street 7k off list price still 30k though. I found a 23 plate same spec with tiny miles 23k. I am a fan of ev,s in general not sure how the depreciation compares to the same car with ice
£40k motor mate, dropped nearly 25k in a couple of months

Last edited:
i know, i still stand by it. like i say, how many would buy one without the incentives? would you?
do you care enough about the planet to invest in it's future or is it from a purely monetary view?
i'm quite cool, calm and collected thanks btw.

tbh, i'm bored shitless and this is just passing a bit time whilst i'm laid up resting a ruptured achilles.
My decision was based around the savings I'd make on bik being able to provide the funds to buy a solar panel and battery system, which it has done.
The panels are almost a year old now and have generated enough electricity to cover the annual electric consumption of the house and additionally for over 10,000 miles driving in the EV.
I'd wanted solar for years for environmental reasons and this gave me the opportunity to do it. The combination now of car, pv and battery and now providing further significant savings and making best use of renewable energy.
Hopefully that answers your query and hope the ankle mends fast.

3hours from mine, so prob around 11.

But from Sunderland, according to ABRP, It would take 4h53 mins, with 16 mins of charging at Hilton park supercharger.

proper trek considering we have given up for the season so hats off to all who do it
we're setting off at 6. probably stop at tibshelf then ross on wye to stretch the legs and similar on the way back. no charging involved. the mrs will be driving with me having a dodgy foot so i'll be having a few beers on the way back.
it's about 300 miles or thereabouts to cardiff, i presume you'd need to charge whilst at the match then again on the way back?

we're setting off at 6. probably stop at tibshelf then ross on wye to stretch the legs and similar on the way back. no charging involved. the mrs will be driving with me having a dodgy foot so i'll be having a few beers on the way back.
it's about 300 miles or thereabouts to cardiff, i presume you'd need to charge whilst at the match then again on the way back?
from mine I wouldn’t need to stop on the way down no. Small stop at Newport on the way back for around 20 mins. Be dinner time so handy

[/QUOTE).
Citroen dealer in Crawford has two brand new/25 miles on the clock C4's,grey and red for £18k.Seems a better deal imo,long trek but it's a new car so hardly going to be any issues.

i know, i still stand by it. like i say, how many would buy one without the incentives? would you?
do you care enough about the planet to invest in it's future or is it from a purely monetary view?
i'm quite cool, calm and collected thanks btw.

tbh, i'm bored shitless and this is just passing a bit time whilst i'm laid up resting a ruptured achilles.
how many would buy one without the incentives? would you?
I did.

Love it. Can't imagine buying a car that doesn't have at least a plug in hybrid ever again.
In fact, once I get this house DIY project sorted, I'm going to seriously look into the Superb PHEV as the used prices have come down to my budget now, then I can bin off the awful Smax.

how many would buy one without the incentives? would you?
I did.

Love it. Can't imagine buying a car that doesn't have at least a plug in hybrid ever again.
In fact, once I get this house DIY project sorted, I'm going to seriously look into the Superb PHEV as the used prices have come down to my budget now, then I can bin off the awful Smax.
that's my point though. like i've said earlier, they were developed with the aim of saving the planet but it appears the vast majority are only getting them because of some other financial incentive. take that away and i'd wager there's be virtually none on the roads.
i, along with i'd dare say the majority of the population don't have access to the sort of scheme that makes them more attractive as well as all the inherent charging infrastructure problems. even if i did have some sort of incentive i doubt i'd get one. the cost is one reason and not being fit for purpose for me is the other.
i did have a look last night at plug in hybrids and the battery range on them is neither use nor ornament. it's almost as if they're just to circumvent taxation laws. having said that, the brother in law and his mrs have one (a honda) and they love it.

edit, tbh, i'm starting to hanker more towards older stuff anyway. just like the bikes. it's great being able to fettle stuff with spanners instead of having to plug in a computer.

Last edited:
On our road a few lampposts have had EV charging stations built in to them. What’s to stop someone plugging their car in and leaving it for days/weeks even, say if they go on holiday?

Back