Why dont they just pour sea water into volcanos ?

The obvious solution is to detonate extremely powerful bombs around the rim of the cone. These would cause massive rockslides and tens of thousands of tons of rock would slide down into the volcano, cooling and blocking it.

Or just do the sensible thing and get the hell out of Dodge!

watched a video once where they threw some rocks inside a volcano and the gas just fired them back out

mental

A different approach, should the sea water not work. Remember the 1st Iraq war? The Iraqies set fire to all the oil wells. They're basically small volcanoes. So the yanks sent in Red Adair with a few stick of dynamite, blew the oilhead up and extinguised the fire. Now I'm no fool and realise that Red Adair is dead, which is a flaw. But, the principle is sound. make a big enough explosion, and the 'big' volcano goes out. So, how about dropping a few nukes in?

Admittedly the fallout will probably screw around with the Hawaiian tourist industry, so they probably want to wait until the wind is blowing away from the islands.
If Red Adair's dead, can we get Ginger Rogers instead? And if she's thrown a 7, just get some of the YTS/AIDS folk to watch a couple of films, then replicate the moves.

The lava is too hot. The water will just turn to steam.

There would also be the risk of an explosive reaction when the water hit the hot lava.

My chemistry tells me that water dissociates into hydrogen and oxygen at a high enough temperature and you may actually fuel fires at the edge of the hottest lava.

There would also be the risk of an explosive reaction when the water hit the hot lava.

My chemistry tells me that water dissociates into hydrogen and oxygen at a high enough temperature and you may actually fuel fires at the edge of the hottest lava.
What about milk?

That’s why you need a big pipe to get lots of water.

Keep up man woman man woman

I think I love this board a little bit more today. They do know the lava outer crust is already cooling and that this is the bit we see... right? please tell me this has been factored into the pipe.

Not going to invest until I see a working prototype in Hawaii.

Back