Why do you think this messageboard is where it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybes you could create an alter ego that isn't so obviously one that holds themselves in such a high esteem and is full of their own self importance.
You have brought alot of it on yourself.
To me you're one of those blokes who likes to dish it out but cry like a bairn when it's dished back.

You do love the attention, maybes you need some therapy.

Try to not let things bother you too much and enjoy the journey.

As for the forum it's always been the same, just alot more dickheads than there was like my good self.

Keep smiling.

I joined back in 2004.

In those days, if anybody was acting up on here, you could click on, the report button, and Roger would, instantaneously, mobilise a RTG "punishment squad" from anywhere in the country, which would then call round at an offenders home, or place of work, and quickly & without fuss or drama, beat the offender, to a f***ing pulp, leaving the offending poster, barely clinging to life. 👊
The offending poster, quickly got the message, to play canny, or risk more punishment beatings. 👍

How I miss, those heady days, of fun and excitement, on here. 😕

Last edited by a moderator:
Imho the reason for the changes are wide and varied;

it was probably, looking back, a mistake to split and create so many boards;
some of us have been on here too long, are too thick skinned now, and know which buttons to press to get a reaction/get the conversation going; sad but true;
some people get very easily offended;
once people label you on here, goes for anyone, they will ultimately play up to it;
Sunderland are shit, which never helps;
the politics board was a giant mistake - see first point above;
too many people bear too many grudges.

I find it interesting that after all these years I recognise very, very few people on here. Even those who have been on the board for years. Similarly I can’t believe the number of people who seem to make it their business to remember and regurgitate some posters every utterances. Bizarre behaviour.

The ignore button was my solution to the arseholes
I restrict no one and the turn over is slow and getting dull, surely blocking people narrows the content available even more
I think we've pretty much done every subject ,some many times ,its good crack but if you're regular you know how stuff will pan out before it starts
Dunno what the answer is
Imho the reason for the changes are wide and varied;

it was probably, looking back, a mistake to split and create so many boards;
some of us have been on here too long, are too thick skinned now, and know which buttons to press to get a reaction/get the conversation going; sad but true;
some people get very easily offended;
once people label you on here, goes for anyone, they will ultimately play up to it;
Sunderland are shit, which never helps;
the politics board was a giant mistake - see first point above;
too many people bear too many grudges.

I find it interesting that after all these years I recognise very, very few people on here. Even those who have been on the board for years. Similarly I can’t believe the number of people who seem to make it their business to remember and regurgitate some posters every utterances. Bizarre behaviour.
Agree on the politics bit ,I would consider myself quite passive on it but have opinions
When they popped up on smb I'd read them ,some Id respond to some not .Never visit the separate bit

Last edited:
At every step the board has "splintered" (parsnip, pure football, politics) it has eroded the dilution of the extreme voices to a degree that the loudest shouters are all we hear. To a point where re-integrating the community again is impossible. There's really only one way forward. Each splinter of the board is going to have fight in some sort of battle royal. Theres no other way, thats just science.

Reactions: PTR
I joined in 2006.

When I joined things were different.

Let’s get things straight here this is a brilliant board this

1 This board used to be self policing. If one of us was a tit we could call out a tit. If you do that now you’re banned.

2 I think we need to have a look at ourselves and sort it out otherwise boards like this will shut.

Anyone fancy an amnesty.
I’ve read that over & over & still confused
however I do think you have potential
keep posting young man / woman

^^ this unfortunately, I’d go further and say society in general. PF is just pure toxic, the match day thread is just hateful bile for the most part.

This place Is definitely not what it used to be.

That's debatable, it's always been poison.
Thing is it's not just on here, it's actually inside the stadium as well.
There's an element of fans who seemingly want failure, it's bizarre.

It's toxic because people get angry at anyone who doesn't share their views.
Back in the day you could disagree without the hatred.

Baffles me as life is mint imo, we are lucky to live in a golden age (ignore old farts who claim it was better back in the day...it really wasn't), yet so many people just seem angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back