Why do you think this messageboard is where it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a sense of perspective, have a quick gander at @coxhoedave or @foggy threads and marvel at how these two young lads have managed to take on some god awful situations with strength and dignity. If you feel a clique is building in a thread and it gets you riled, close the thread. It's really all in your own control.

I like the board, warts and all.

It's little posts like this one from foggy that make me think I can't just pull the plug on the place. There is so much good stuff here if you look for it.

Really? And there’s me thinking you were a scrawny paranoid ginga maggot. Funny how perceptions are formed.
Feel better after that? 😁
It still has its moments.

Let's face it we get the same thread every 6 months or so with the same bleats about how it's not as good as it used to be. It is what we make of it. If you think the threads are crap, come up with some interesting ones, or add some pertinent comments to those others have started. If you think there's too much anger, try adding a calming, dispassionate thoughtful contribution. If someone is being an absolute knob, report them if it's that bad, or just ignore them, it's quite easy to just skip past shit content even without blocking individual posters. If you're pissed off with Brexit / Takeover / New Manager / Politics threads the title is usually a bit of a giveaway, just don't click on them for a week or two. I stopped reading the takeover threads weeks go when it was fairly obvious nowt much was likely to happen and when it did, I could dip back in again. Similar to the transfer threads in the summer and January windows.

If you want a sense of perspective, have a quick gander at @coxhoedave or @foggy threads and marvel at how these two young lads have managed to take on some god awful situations with strength and dignity. If you feel a clique is building in a thread and it gets you riled, close the thread. It's really all in your own control.

I like the board, warts and all.
Ahem

Last edited:
I grew up in what was mainly Newcastle supporting territory. However there were Sunderland fans among us so we knew that the other side did not consist of people with two heads. Go to Sunderland or Newcastle I'm sure that it was almost 100% one way apart from a small number of outliers that the majority did not know.

My point is, you can't learn anything if all you want to hear is someone banging the same drum. Calls to ban Newcastle fans are shortsighted and will make it much worse a place.

I would say that the majority that post on the politics board are labour supporting, remain and anti trump. Should the tory supporters, the leavers and Doris(the annoying arse) be banned as well?

If you call for people to banned or are unable to argue with them without lowering the tone of the conversation down then IMO you are more part of the problem with the board than someone intent on goading you because you've lost a game.

Most people on here get that its only a forum and not meant to be taken seriously. Its not real life. Some properly funny posters on here, but there is a growing number who take themselves far to seriously
This, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
used to be a laugh to come on here, drink a few beers and have a daft giggle for a few hours, then we got the pedantic crew, trying to prove how intelligent they are, picking people up for silly little things, every fact had to be googled and checked to be certain it was 100% correct, even if it wasn't important, precious fuckers who couldn't take a bit of banter, we even had silly buggers emailing people with threats of violence, for Christ sake.
Imagine if people went on like that in a pub, there'd be claret every where, chill out man. it's suppose to be fun.

used to be a laugh to come on here, drink a few beers and have a daft giggle for a few hours, then we got the pedantic crew, trying to prove how intelligent they are, picking people up for silly little things, every fact had to be googled and checked to be certain it was 100% correct, even if it wasn't important, precious fuckers who couldn't take a bit of banter, we even had silly buggers emailing people with threats of violence, for Christ sake.
Imagine if people went on like that in a pub, there'd be claret every where, chill out man. it's suppose to be fun.
No-one goes to the pub any more, grandad. :lol:

I originally came across this board when reading about Bradley Lowery. And although I don't post much I usually have a quick look every few days. The politics forum is a car crash and the football forum can be a bit mental at times depending how well or not the team is doing. I like the SMB though - it's a very active board with a wide range of topics posted. We have nothing like that on Arsenal message boards.

I've learned a few things as well - like when someone dies you post their name and then DNYT. Also there's nowhere to eat in Durham (should I ever visit). And the word scratter which I love using.

I originally came across this board when reading about Bradley Lowery. And although I don't post much I usually have a quick look every few days. The politics forum is a car crash and the football forum can be a bit mental at times depending how well or not the team is doing. I like the SMB though - it's a very active board with a wide range of topics posted. We have nothing like that on Arsenal message boards.

I've learned a few things as well - like when someone dies you post their name and then DNYT. Also there's nowhere to eat in Durham (should I ever visit). And the word scratter which I love using.
The fact that we have fans who support a wide range of football clubs coming on here and enjoying the craic (in the main) says a lot, glad you've picked up on the terminologies / lingo there anarl 👍 :lol:

I never said you can’t call a spade a spade if you’re in the mood for it. You explicitly set out to get attention and you’ve achieved it. Well done you. Can’t wait for the next one.
Don’t you want attention like or are you hoping your posts go unnoticed?

Calm yourself down man. It’s supposed to be a laugh this

:lol:

You can't have an opinion. It has to be backed up by a source and not only that...it has to be a source that the enlightened crew allow. Piss taking is now offensive, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back