Why do so many people think Burnley will come straight back down?

I reckon they will finish lower mid table at worst but a lot of people think that they will not survive. Everton and Forest will probably be lower than them as will a couple of other present Premier League clubs.

Is it just because of the derisory offer for Clarke?
I think they'll be OK. Luton and Sheff Utd will be relegated by Xmas, however.

I think they'll do pretty well, maybe as good as Brentford have done? One thing I would be doing is copying Brighton's tactics; anyone who can transform Jase Steele into Manuel Neuer deserves a look in.

They'll have to adjust the way they play. If they play out from the back like they did against us they'll be caught and embarrassed time and time again.

Personally reckon Sheffield United have a better squad than Burnley. Burnley had Maatsen, Harwood-Bellis and Tella as key players in their team last season and all have gone back to their clubs. They had almost no injuries and attacking football allowed them to stuff a few teams, but they aren't set up to grind out results.

Sheffield United have some useful players - Egan, Ahmedhodzic, Berge, Ndiaye gives them a good spine. Fancy them to finish highest of the promoted sides

Playing out from the back 10x harder in the PL than the Championship that’s why I think they’ll struggle. Can see them being a bit like Bielsa’s Leeds conceding kamikaze goals.

If they play the same way they did last season they are gonna concede goals galore which normally equates to relegation. Everton are the turd that won’t flush, this season might be the one they go down.
Everton had 2 relegation battles in 20yr people go on like been down there 10yr over that 20yr been a top 10 side mainly

so what did you mean when you said this ?
Just saying I can see the 3 promoted sides getting relegated as it’s really hard to get a foothold in the premier league.Foreign owners coming in an upping the stakes with these big hefty transfers fees and making it even harder to get a foothold in the premier league.

Just saying I can see the 3 promoted sides getting relegated as it’s really hard to get a foothold in the premier league.Foreign owners coming in an upping the stakes with these big hefty transfers fees and making it even harder to get a foothold in the premier league.
Which brings me back to my original statement - which you had issues with. Enjoy your day.

Back