Why do so many people think Burnley will come straight back down?

I think they’ll be ahead of Everton, Sheffield United and Luton as a minimum, if any of those sides do surpass my expectations there are sides Burnley are still better placed the , interesting to see if they can compete still playing good football though, that Benson looked a cracking player he’ll be a fantasy football wildcard for me I reckon

I think they’ll be ahead of Everton, Sheffield United and Luton as a minimum, if any of those sides do surpass my expectations there are sides Burnley are still better placed the , interesting to see if they can compete still playing good football though, that Benson looked a cracking player he’ll be a fantasy football wildcard for me I reckon
This the Everton Dyche had 12th in points per game since he took over the from end of January - May ? And that was without a striker

They won’t be in the bottom 3 and pretty much will finish above Burnley

I think Burnley have some good players, but they're a bit lightweight.
They will win enough to stay up, but have some heavy defeats along the way

If think the majority think the three promoted clubs will come straight back.
Yes will be very hard for them. Can see them all getting relegated. There’s so much money getting spent in the premiership it’s very hard for them to get a finger hold and stay up. The money has spoilt the premiership. The premier league have got a lot to answer for.

I think they will stay up, only because the bottom 6 clubs are dross; but they are in a difficult position nonetheless.

I'm not sure they can sign the players they need. They are already weaker than last season - Maatsen and Tella, two of their best players have returned to their clubs and they can't afford to buy them (close to £50mill combined required). They have already spent £15mill on Jordan Beyer after taking up the loan option to buy and have seemingly spent £19mill on Trafford.

Up front they have Weghorst and Obafemi - Barnes is gone (for the best) and they have had a fourth bid for Zian Flemming rejected by Millwall. They also don't seem willing or able to match our valuation for Clarke.

To get Flemming and Clarke on top of what else they are trying would mean an outlay of over £100mill and the net result improvement on their team last season would be Flemming up front, cover for Zarourey and a very young untested goalkeeper from two divisons below. That's a lot of money to stand still, when they need to improve.

Last edited:
This the Everton Dyche had 12th in points per game since he took over the from end of January - May ? And that was without a striker

They won’t be in the bottom 3 and pretty much will finish above Burnley
No matter how defensive you get of them until they show serious signs of improvement they are a club sat waiting to go down as things stand, I do think Dyche is the man if anyone to keep them up whilst they are run as they currently are a manager can only do so much

Lost a few players who they had last season who had done well for them. Everything just seemed to fit into to place last season, with little to no injuries. It will be different this time round if they pick up an injury or two as they haven't got the biggest of squads to cope.

Of the 3 promoted teams I think Burnley will survive for one season. Sheffield Utd won't do well at all and Luton seem to just want the dosh.
That's a bit unfair on Luton. They will want tge experience for their players and fans and I am sure they will be trying their best to stay up. The money makes a difference of course.

That's a bit unfair on Luton. They will want tge experience for their players and fans and I am sure they will be trying their best to stay up. The money makes a difference of course.
Pretty much all the club and fans are quite happy to take the money come down, if that happens, and build their new stadium in the centre of town. Great for them if they can complete that, they'll get parachute payments and will have a much more solid foundation to come back up and stay up. Would be a great end to a story given where they have been if they did that in the next few years.

Pretty much all the club and fans are quite happy to take the money come down, if that happens, and build their new stadium in the centre of town. Great for them if they can complete that, they'll get parachute payments and will have a much more solid foundation to come back up and stay up. Would be a great end to a story given where they have been if they did that in the next few years.
Of course they are realistic and recognise the financial benefits but the fans especially will dream of surviving and making a few Premier League dents during the season.

I fancy Burnley to finish midtable at best, think they will have enough about them to survive with games to spare, Luton on the other hand will be straight back down, two of Forest, Everton and Sheff Utd to join them.

Yes will be very hard for them. Can see them all getting relegated. There’s so much money getting spent in the premiership it’s very hard for them to get a finger hold and stay up. The money has spoilt the premiership. The premier league have got a lot to answer for.
apart from last season, you say? and the season before, and the season before, etc. etc.

I fancy Burnley to finish midtable at best, think they will have enough about them to survive with games to spare, Luton on the other hand will be straight back down, two of Forest, Everton and Sheff Utd to join them.
Bournemouth will struggle big time Burnley will be in the mix no doubt

I reckon they will finish lower mid table at worst but a lot of people think that they will not survive. Everton and Forest will probably be lower than them as will a couple of other present Premier League clubs.

Is it just because of the derisory offer for Clarke?

Good gaffer, think they will do ok

If they play the same way they did last season they are gonna concede goals galore which normally equates to relegation. Everton are the turd that won’t flush, this season might be the one they go down.

Back