Why do people enjoy fireworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got an elderly cat. She's not a fan of fireworks. I keep her indoors, plug in the Feliway, keep the lights on etc. but why should I have to because some spenk of an arse of a wank of a twat decides that he's going to launch something loud and flashing on October 29th because he can?
I've heard the sodding things going off all week. I'm fed up of it and having to make sure that one cat comes in early and trying to calm the other one. Absolute morons. I can almost manage to understand the need for people to indulge on Nov 5th (actually I can't, go to a public display, tons of them around) but mid October is ridiculous.

Well because he can obviously but...

TBF, it’s a cat that’s scared of noise, not as if someone is tieing a lit firework to its tail.

I admit, it should be limited to two or three nights around bonfire night and other special occasions e.g. religious festivals and NYE.

TBH, NYE is now worse than bonfire night for intensity but it's one night only. It's about the days around bonfire night (October 29th is an exaggeration but it's a couple of days either side). The cat is okay early on and annoyed that she can't go out but then it's boom and hide.

I was a right twat with them when I was a kid. Thankfully you see a lot less of it now although can't say I knock about the shit holes I did when I was 15

I've heard the sodding things going off all week. I'm fed up of it and having to make sure that one cat comes in early and trying to calm the other one. Absolute morons. I can almost manage to understand the need for people to indulge on Nov 5th (actually I can't, go to a public display, tons of them around) but mid October is ridiculous.

Already? That is ridiculous...

Wouldn't be so bad if it was just on one night, or even the weekend before/after if Nov 5th is a weekday. It the constant setting them off at random times until NYE that does my head in. My dogs are scared so I have to rush home from work and get them walked before it gets dark, just in case anyone sets a firework off. Last year I was walking them just before dusk and heard them being set off. What's the point of that when you can't even see the firework?!

Don't mean those big, impressive, choreographed displays. Just those that buy some rockets or bangers from the corner shop and set them off round the streets a month in advance.

Any firework faithful on here care to explain what's so great about fireworks?

Can’t explain it. Enjoy a firework display. Never thought to buy them myself.

Dogs can be utterly terrified by them to setting them off when dog owners aren’t necessarily expecting them is a bit selfish.

Well because he can obviously but...

TBF, it’s a cat that’s scared of noise, not as if someone is tieing a lit firework to its tail.

I admit, it should be limited to two or three nights around bonfire night and other special occasions e.g. religious festivals and NYE.

2-3 nights a year I agree with.

If I had a pet and some inconsiderate arsehole was distressing them through setting them off at inappropriate times I’d probably go and distress them.

Already? That is ridiculous...

I’m on a residents Facebook group (for a laugh mainly) but a lot of people seem to be complaining about it already.

Can’t say I’ve noticed it at all myself. Guess I’m not back in until gone 8pm most nights or later and it might be bairns doing it early doors.

Last edited:
Cool. The festival of freestein is at 4am on March 5th next year.

I’ve always meant to ask, who’s that in your avatar?

Wouldn't be so bad if it was just on one night, or even the weekend before/after if Nov 5th is a weekday. It the constant setting them off at random times until NYE that does my head in. My dogs are scared so I have to rush home from work and get them walked before it gets dark, just in case anyone sets a firework off. Last year I was walking them just before dusk and heard them being set off. What's the point of that when you can't even see the firework?!

One of my Shih Tzus, Harley,(she’s my favourite, but keep it to yourself! :lol:) trembles violently and cuddles into me as close as she can, like a baby. Not as bad as when the smoke alarm goes off...

I don’t mind people enjoying fireworks, but hoying them around in the street at random times etc is taking the piss.

Last edited:
One of my Shih Tzus, Harley,(she’s my favourite, but keep it to yourself! :lol:) trembles violently and cuddles into me as close as she can, like a baby. Not as bad as when the smoke alarm goes off...

One of mine does! He sort of slides up my leg onto my knee and cuddles in. I can feel his heart beating like mad against my chest :(

He doesn't like the smoke alarm or thunder storms either and isn't too keen on the noise when they tip all the glass into the recycling lorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back