Why do people enjoy fireworks?

I’ve always meant to ask, who’s that in your avatar?

One of my Shih Tzus, Harley,(she’s my favourite, but keep it to yourself! :lol:) trembles violently and cuddles into me as close as she can, like a baby. Not as bad as when the smoke alarm goes off...

I don’t mind people enjoying fireworks, but hoying them around in the street at random times etc is taking the piss.
We have a shih tzu-poodle cross, a shit poo :lol:

The avatar is a famous computer programmer, my original username was his actual name but I feared prosecution so I altered it slightly.

No - but I went to a shop's Christmas preview night last night, bought a 2ft miniature tree decoration with lights affair...and have had it on ever since. :lol: Takes my mind off the bastard fireworks!
Everyday is Christmas when we have warmth in our hearts.

Last edited:
When we were kids, Guy Fawkes Night (none of this bommy night rubbish) was one of the most eagerly anticipated nights of the year.
Going out with a rocket-launching tube up your coat sleeve and having massive rocket fights in the cemetery; Throwing bangers at each other with gay abandon; Snapping the tails off rockets and running away from them down back lanes to see who got hit; Setting bins on fire. Great days.

Actually, some lasses once arranged for me to meet their mate on a blind date on Nov 5. I got there and explained to her that I couldn’t do any date type things cos I had to go and throw fireworks at my mates.
Needless to say I never saw her again.

General sale should be banned and only have professional and licensed displays.

Why are people bothered? It’s only a few bangs that some gay dogs are scared of.

When we were kids, Guy Fawkes Night (none of this bommy night rubbish) was one of the most eagerly anticipated nights of the year.
Going out with a rocket-launching tube up your coat sleeve and having massive rocket fights in the cemetery; Throwing bangers at each other with gay abandon; Snapping the tails off rockets and running away from them down back lanes to see who got hit; Setting bins on fire. Great days.

Actually, some lasses once arranged for me to meet their mate on a blind date on Nov 5. I got there and explained to her that I couldn’t do any date type things cos I had to go and throw fireworks at my mates.
Needless to say I never saw her again.

Why are people bothered? It’s only a few bangs that some gay dogs are scared of.
It's legalised explosives mate and the little natives are amazed by the bangy bangy fire sticks.

The scrotes have been setting them off in the churchyard behind me for weeks now - something about the way the buildings are located seem to make the acoustics suit the loud banger-type fireworks.

About a week back one went off about 9 o'clock and I thought the roof was coming in.

Like a f@@king MOAB going off.

Aha! All becomes clear! Bit of a relatively unsung hero I guess.

Is he Jewish? He’d love the Santa beard! :lol:

I take you’re an IT man?
Yes he’s Jewish, I like him he’s very personable and family oriented.

I have mainly worked with oracle databases for the past 25 years but it’s just a job I prefer being outside.

Yes he’s Jewish, I like him he’s very personable and family oriented.

I have mainly worked with oracle databases for the past 25 years but it’s just a job I prefer being outside.

All the most talented people it seems are Jewish, lucky buggers!
I’ve been into computers since, well, secondary school when I got to play with commodore pets.PCs since about ‘87. It tied in nicely with my obsession with electronics.
I know SFA about Oracle, though! Never needed to learn about it. Ironically, despite being a geek, my greatest love is outdoors, like yourself! I’m happiest surrounded by nature, away from it all.

Great fun chasing your mates around firing them at each other back in the day. Hate the bastards now like as they scare the shit out of the Dog.

All the most talented people it seems are Jewish, lucky buggers!
I’ve been into computers since, well, secondary school when I got to play with commodore pets.PCs since about ‘87. It tied in nicely with my obsession with electronics.
I know SFA about Oracle, though! Never needed to learn about it. Ironically, despite being a geek, my greatest love is outdoors, like yourself! I’m happiest surrounded by nature, away from it all.
What is your profession?

Steven Feuerstein - Wikipedia

I had a few usernames before I adopted his moniker, I’d returned from one of his conferences, believe it or not there were a few doe eyed females queuing for his book signing.

Is 't he back at Oracle now after working at Quest? I used to work for Oracle for a couple of years before going independent. They bought the small company where I worked. I think we were number 72 to be taken over. I was quite chuffed about having an Oracle email address and their logo on my LinkedIn page. Didn't enjoy it at all. Hugely disappointed. Much happier independent.

Back