Why can't some people on here grasp reality??

Because they are thick, childish and havnt got a clue how things work.
We have had a lot to moan bitch and whine about for a fair few years, the angst has been embedded, I suggest you come out from under your rock and take a look at the state of the club and that we are in a tin pot division. Eutopia has passed us by, so to call these people thick, shows you as thick actually.

All I have seen on this board lately is people moan, bitch and whine.

We are in league 1. The owners said from day one we have a lot of work to do, a lot of deadwood to shift before any major moves would be made.

Our current wage bill is probably 20 x that of any other club in the league, yet people still bitch and whine. "I've never heard of him...we aren't spending any money!!"

We were never gonna spend serious money until we offload the shite..surely that was obvious to the most naive of supporters?? On top of that, big names are not whats needed in league 1.

Just as well we have 2 blokes in charge with a bit of nous and business sense, because if this board had its way we would probably be in another £15 million worth of debt again already.

The only reality is the one that you are missing. That is, we are in the hands of two chancers. They are looking to turn putty into gold and it just isn't going to happen. Wake up and smell the coffee, fella.

People expect us to waltz league 1. We really won't and we might be there longer than we would like. Hopefully I am wrong but we need to trust the new owners and manager, give them lots of time and get behind them for the long haul.
i cannot believe we 4-5 favs.....anyone backing that must be mental...i predict 14th with the present squad..if we buy some quality i would expect top half but not top 6..not this season,maybe next...thing is will the owners be happy with mid-table,we dont know,the fans are all on here shouting get behind the team the manager the owner's etc,but when reality kick's in and IF we are near the bottom,we all know that Ross's days will be numbered...

To be honest I’m very happy with what we’ve done so far. Signed players who want to be here and either on the up in their career or have something to prove/time to prove it. Moving the deadwood. Removed a lot of not needed employees. Just overall reduction of costs. We have new owners who are passionate about getting this club turned around, and a manager who has good stock before coming here. I can’t wait for the season to start.
This is probably how 99% of the fans feel. Unfortunately, there's a very vocal 1% of fans that are complete arseholes and will moan whatever happens. We could do the f***ing domestic treble and they'd still find reason to moan.

All we can do is keep telling them to shut their stupid mouths. :D

The only reality is the one that you are missing. That is, we are in the hands of two chancers. They are looking to turn putty into gold and it just isn't going to happen. Wake up and smell the coffee, fella.
And your reasonings for this assumption are?

The reality is that we need to rebuild. That involves cutting the dross and reducing the wage bill before investing for promotion.

The previous owner turned gold into putty so one would surmise the reverse is possible too. I would rather they turned into gold sensibly.

Not sure that's coffee you've been drinking mind pal :lol::lol:

All I have seen on this board lately is people moan, bitch and whine.
We are in league 1. The owners said from day one we have a lot of work to do, a lot of deadwood to shift before any major moves would be made.
Our current wage bill is probably 20 x that of any other club in the league, yet people still bitch and whine. "I've never heard of him...we aren't spending any money!!"
We were never gonna spend serious money until we offload the shite..surely that was obvious to the most naive of supporters?? On top of that, big names are not whats needed in league 1.
Just as well we have 2 blokes in charge with a bit of nous and business sense, because if this board had its way we would probably be in another £15 million worth of debt again already.
I keep saying the same.

There's a pot of money, but its one pot. If we half-heartedly use it up before we're ready, it wont work and there won't be a 2nd pot. We have to get the club stable first. Its going to suck for a while yet before things get better.

People expect us to waltz league 1. We really won't and we might be there longer than we would like. Hopefully I am wrong but we need to trust the new owners and manager, give them lots of time and get behind them for the long haul.

Be an absolute failure if they don't get promoted this year. Wouldn't kid yourself otherwise

You know absolutely fuckall about SAFC. It's quite astounding.

You are such an angry man like, every thread you are just losing the plot.

To be honest I’m very happy with what we’ve done so far. Signed players who want to be here and either on the up in their career or have something to prove/time to prove it. Moving the deadwood. Removed a lot of not needed employees. Just overall reduction of costs. We have new owners who are passionate about getting this club turned around, and a manager who has good stock before coming here. I can’t wait for the season to start.

You could say that about every single player we signed last year like.

Quantify "serious money" because I don't think anyone expects us to spend what I think that is. Spending the required amounts for the division is what we seem to be now trying to do and we haven't yet "offloaded the shite" or many of the high earners. No doubt you'll state we haven't exactly signed the players we've bid for yet and maybe it's not serious money, but the actions being taken at the moment by the club in bidding for players of sufficient quality for the division is all most sensible people were asking for.

Quantify "serious money" because I don't think anyone expects us to spend what I think that is. Spending the required amounts for the division is what we seem to be now trying to do and we haven't yet "offloaded the shite" or many of the high earners. No doubt you'll state we haven't exactly signed the players we've bid for yet and maybe it's not serious money, but the actions being taken at the moment by the club in bidding for players of sufficient quality for the division is all most sensible people were asking for.

I think we are on the same page mate. My point is that people had been kicking off that we were only singing free transfers, when in truth I always expected that in the beginning. Now we are starting to see players leave we are putting in serious bids (for this level anyway). When I'm talking about serious money, I meant by league 1 standards, and with these latest bids we have shown we will spend more than others in the Division by a distance. Stewart and Charlie have always maintained that they wouldn't be reckless and would spend wisely. Getting rid of some high earners and freeing up funds first was always a much more sensible option than doing it the other way round. If we signed 5 or 6 players for moderate sums without first selling anyone, then the buying clubs would know we would be desperate to sell when the deadline looms and would try have our pants down.

I think we are on the same page mate. My point is that people had been kicking off that we were only singing free transfers, when in truth I always expected that in the beginning. Now we are starting to see players leave we are putting in serious bids (for this level anyway). When I'm talking about serious money, I meant by league 1 standards, and with these latest bids we have shown we will spend more than others in the Division by a distance. Stewart and Charlie have always maintained that they wouldn't be reckless and would spend wisely. Getting rid of some high earners and freeing up funds first was always a much more sensible option than doing it the other way round. If we signed 5 or 6 players for moderate sums without first selling anyone, then the buying clubs would know we would be desperate to sell when the deadline looms and would try have our pants down.

Fair enough. I think it's the most we can ask for, just time wise it unfortunately puts us under a bit of pressure. I still think some of the players who seem set to leave will be stinking the place out whilst them, their agents and other clubs will test our resolve till the final day, so it was always going to be a bit of a balancing act. Until this week I did think we maybe were being a bit too cautious as prices will go up (and maybe options down) for us too if we leave it too late.

Be an absolute failure if they don't get promoted this year. Wouldn't kid yourself otherwise

It would be a massive setback but it will not be as easy as many seem to think. Hope we romp away with it but we need to be patient.

Back