Why can't some people on here grasp reality??

Baz

Striker
All I have seen on this board lately is people moan, bitch and whine.

We are in league 1. The owners said from day one we have a lot of work to do, a lot of deadwood to shift before any major moves would be made.

Our current wage bill is probably 20 x that of any other club in the league, yet people still bitch and whine. "I've never heard of him...we aren't spending any money!!"

We were never gonna spend serious money until we offload the shite..surely that was obvious to the most naive of supporters?? On top of that, big names are not whats needed in league 1.

Just as well we have 2 blokes in charge with a bit of nous and business sense, because if this board had its way we would probably be in another £15 million worth of debt again already.

We are in league 1. The owners said from day one we have a lot of work to do, a lot of deadwood to shift before any major moves would be made.

Our current wage bill is probably 20 x that of any other club in the league, yet people still bitch and whine. "I've never heard of him...we aren't spending any money!!"

We were never gonna spend serious money until we offload the shite..surely that was obvious to the most naive of supporters?? On top of that, big names are not whats needed in league 1.

Just as well we have 2 blokes in charge with a bit of nous and business sense, because if this board had its way we would probably be in another £15 million worth of debt again already.
About right, until the gang of 6 are peddled we are in limbo.

It’s a discussion board, people are allowed opinions.

Somebody I know was complaining we’re signing free agents! “Who releases good players? If they were any good they’d have been peddled before their contracts were to run out...Sunderland is shite, you don’t get owt for nowt”.

He’d had a skin full like. I tried to tell him spending money doesn’t guarantee anything, we bought Rodwell, Ndong etc, for a fortune.

It’s as simple as manipulating the market, with regards to McGeouch, he’s too good for League 1.

Somebody I know was complaining we’re signing free agents! “Who releases good players? If they were any good they’d have been peddled before their contracts were to run out...Sunderland is shite, you don’t get owt for nowt”.

He’d had a skin full like. I tried to tell him spending money doesn’t guarantee anything, we bought Rodwell, Ndong etc, for a fortune.

It’s as simple as manipulating the market, with regards to McGeouch, he’s too good for League 1.
How do you know he’s too good for league one? He was only playing for Hibs man!

A lot of it is simply people justifying their non attendance.
Always been the same.

Tell your mate to do some research, 90% of League One transfers are free transfers.

Mainly because people quite rightly expect us to be pushing for promotion at the very least and are concerned that the current squad isn’t anywhere near good enough.
Yes we have a huge wage bill for this level but we also have huge income.
The problem with that last statement is one of scale.
The wage bill for the level we are at is monstrously high, not just high.
We have no option but to get shot of high earners - particularly those that want to be elsewhere (which is of course all of them).
Unfortunately these over-earners with over-inflated egos do not have have the common sense to see and own an obvious truth: they are not worth the money they have clearly failed to earn this past year or more.
The mistake Sunderland made in over-paying them is not a mistake other clubs are rushing to replicate.
So until they accept they are not all that and therefore accept a move on reduced terms, we are stuck with them and their careers continue to spiral downhill.
Either that or they need to lean hard on their agents to stop them taking an outrageous cut. Khazri's deal might well go the same route as the failed Asoro Tottenham bid due to such excessive greed.

Until the above is sorted, we will not see the benefits of what will be our huge income because it continues to get swallowed up sorting out the mess caused by costly past financial mistakes, leading some to falsely accuse the new owners of having and/or spending no money.

Most on here do, there’s just a few that can’t luve their lives without moaning about something

Back