Why can't some people on here grasp reality??

All I have seen on this board lately is people moan, bitch and whine.

We are in league 1. The owners said from day one we have a lot of work to do, a lot of deadwood to shift before any major moves would be made.

Our current wage bill is probably 20 x that of any other club in the league, yet people still bitch and whine. "I've never heard of him...we aren't spending any money!!"

We were never gonna spend serious money until we offload the shite..surely that was obvious to the most naive of supporters?? On top of that, big names are not whats needed in league 1.

Just as well we have 2 blokes in charge with a bit of nous and business sense, because if this board had its way we would probably be in another £15 million worth of debt again already.
I’m still disgusted we are in L1 quickier we get out the better...

From an outsider looking in, I think if you get promoted at the first time of asking given the shit storm your new owner has to sort out, you will have done incredibly well. I personally think a 2 season turnaround is what a betting man would be looking at. The club is big enough to get going with a good run of results admittedly, but at the moment you are reminding me of what we were like in 2013/14 just after the fan takeover when we went into L2.

If your forecasted turnover is £17m, then your playing budget is going to be c.£10.5m because of the SCMP (60% wages to turnover). I think you get a one year exemption when you are relegated out of the league for certain players, which would make it £12.75m (75% wages to turnover) - that's still just an additional Lee Cattermole though if he's on £40k per week. Both of those budgets are far bigger than what anyone else in this league will have - it's about 3 x ours...but for yourselves it means cuts and I expect until you shift a few you are hamstrung by those regulations. You probably don't need to get rid of all of them, but you'd need to shift at least 4 of Khazri, Cattermole, N'Dong, Oviedo, Kone and Djilibodji to create the wiggle room for your manager to begin throwing the weight of the club around. Ideally the whole lot would be beneficial I'd have thought!

Once you do get rid of the shitters though, I expect you to be able to spend the money to get back up quickly. Just whether that turnaround will happen in time for August is another question I guess.

From an outsider looking in, I think if you get promoted at the first time of asking given the shit storm your new owner has to sort out, you will have done incredibly well. I personally think a 2 season turnaround is what a betting man would be looking at. The club is big enough to get going with a good run of results admittedly, but at the moment you are reminding me of what we were like in 2013/14 just after the fan takeover when we went into L2.

If your forecasted turnover is £17m, then your playing budget is going to be c.£10.5m because of the SCMP (60% wages to turnover). I think you get a one year exemption when you are relegated out of the league for certain players, which would make it £12.75m (75% wages to turnover) - that's still just an additional Lee Cattermole though if he's on £40k per week. Both of those budgets are far bigger than what anyone else in this league will have - it's about 3 x ours...but for yourselves it means cuts and I expect until you shift a few you are hamstrung by those regulations. You probably don't need to get rid of all of them, but you'd need to shift at least 4 of Khazri, Cattermole, N'Dong, Oviedo, Kone and Djilibodji to create the wiggle room for your manager to begin throwing the weight of the club around. Ideally the whole lot would be beneficial I'd have thought!

Once you do get rid of the shitters though, I expect you to be able to spend the money to get back up quickly. Just whether that turnaround will happen in time for August is another question I guess.

It's not £17m - the £38m parachute payment we're due counts as turnover. You can also include transfer proceeds.

Back