Why can't some people on here grasp reality??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with that last statement is one of scale.
The wage bill for the level we are at is monstrously high, not just high.
We have no option but to get shot of high earners - particularly those that want to be elsewhere (which is of course all of them).
Unfortunately these over-earners with over-inflated egos do not have have the common sense to see and own an obvious truth: they are not worth the money they have clearly failed to earn this past year or more.
The mistake Sunderland made in over-paying them is not a mistake other clubs are rushing to replicate.
So until they accept they are not all that and therefore accept a move on reduced terms, we are stuck with them and their careers continue to spiral downhill.
Either that or they need to lean hard on their agents to stop them taking an outrageous cut. Khazri's deal might well go the same route as the failed Asoro Tottenham bid due to such excessive greed.

Until the above is sorted, we will not see the benefits of what will be our huge income because it continues to get swallowed up sorting out the mess caused by costly past financial mistakes, leading some to falsely accuse the new owners of having and/or spending no money.
The income is monstrously high as well tbf.
If what SD says is correct and wage bill is £17m that’s not swallowing up all of the £50m income.

I don’t think anyone disagrees we need to move on the big earners. However if that’s at the expensive of building a new squad we could be in big trouble. Firstly it means that these high earners have us over a barrel. Secondly we aren’t going to be pushing for promotion, the longer we spend at this level the harder it will be to recover imo.

All I have seen on this board lately is people moan, bitch and whine.

We are in league 1. The owners said from day one we have a lot of work to do, a lot of deadwood to shift before any major moves would be made.

Our current wage bill is probably 20 x that of any other club in the league, yet people still bitch and whine. "I've never heard of him...we aren't spending any money!!"

We were never gonna spend serious money until we offload the shite..surely that was obvious to the most naive of supporters?? On top of that, big names are not whats needed in league 1.

Just as well we have 2 blokes in charge with a bit of nous and business sense, because if this board had its way we would probably be in another £15 million worth of debt again already.
Basically we are inundated with a large section of vociferous thick (unts.

On this board you can only be a happy clapper or a moaner/doom monger. There is no place for a balanced view.

Yes, the owner and his team has a very tough job. I'm sure they are all doing their best to make us successful.

But we need quality players (for this league) and several of them to mount a promotion push. Why is stating this obvious truth equal of 'moaning'?

Our current wage bill is probably 20 x that of any other club in the league, yet people still bitch and whine. "I've never heard of him...we aren't spending any money!!"

About £17m now isn’t it....and the three teams that came up from L1 two years ago had wage bills around £10m so nowhere near your ridiculous 20x assertion.

And we do have by a country mile the biggest turnover in the division.

The income is monstrously high as well tbf.
If what SD says is correct and wage bill is £17m that’s not swallowing up all of the £50m income.

I don’t think anyone disagrees we need to move on the big earners. However if that’s at the expensive of building a new squad we could be in big trouble. Firstly it means that these high earners have us over a barrel. Secondly we aren’t going to be pushing for promotion, the longer we spend at this level the harder it will be to recover imo.
Just checking. Is that £50m income per year?

I keep hearing this line abut wages and it being the highest in the division by some distance. Absolutely correct, but our income also needs referenced alongside it as that is also the highest in the division by some distance.

I think people are generally realistic but at the same time, given the rhetoric from the owner, we could have got a couple of proper signings in for money by now to help with the settling in aspect and to give us a chance from day one.

Of course, this would assume that cashflow isn't a problem, the evidence suggests otherwise.

I keep hearing this line abut wages and it being the highest in the division by some distance. Absolutely correct, but our income also needs referenced alongside it as that is also the highest in the division by some distance.

I think people are generally realistic but at the same time, given the rhetoric from the owner, we could have got a couple of proper signings in for money by now to help with the settling in aspect and to give us a chance from day one.

Of course, this would assume that cashflow isn't a problem, the evidence suggests otherwise.

There were reports in the media of a loan being taken out. This would have made sense actually on two fronts....it would have enabled signings to be made earlier and also sent a signal to players and agents that our business in wasn’t dependant on them leaving.

There were reports in the media of a loan being taken out. This would have made sense actually on two fronts....it would have enabled signings to be made earlier and also sent a signal to players and agents that our business in wasn’t dependant on them leaving.
The owner has been consistently telling us that we will not be held to ransom, we have the money to pay people, we have the ability to subsume their wages etc etc yet we can't make a signing for money. It is completely contradictory.

Hopefully something changes this week and we get some movement

Donald also said that they don’t want to spend money getting out of this League when they can save it for the Championship. SAFC don’t need £15 million to get out of it. You need to spend a decent budget wisely on players who won’t hinder you if you need to peddle them in 2 years time.

Donald also said that they don’t want to spend money getting out of this League when they can save it for the Championship. SAFC don’t need £15 million to get out of it. You need to spend a decent budget wisely on players who won’t hinder you if you need to peddle them in 2 years time.

As with most things there’s a counter argument to that though. Yes it’s possible to get out of this league without spending much but that does hinder momentum and continuity if/when you need to start the process all over again in the Championship.

The teams that seem to do best on promotion are those that make the fewest changes when they go up because they have players capable of stepping up.

Personally I’d like us to sign two or three capable of doing just that.

It's going to take us 3-4 years at best to get back to the Prem. It is a patience game and we do need right type of player that can get us out of league 1 & then we think again in the championship. If there are any positives we can gain from the Darlo and Hartlepool friendlies it highlights the fact that we do have to get some better quality in & that we are still struggling to score goals. Jack Ross will have learnt a lot about some of his squad in the last few days. I'm sure we'll see some additions this week. We do have to be realistic though. Keep the faith.

Why cant some people grasp that thier perception isn't actually reality?

Funnily enough, in the advertising world that’s one of their buzz phrases ...Perception is reality... in the mind of the person they are trying to sell something to.

Is this the reality that we're still in the deep doodoo and our new owners aren't the football club running gods they promote themselves as? The piss taking party stops now but can you come and fit your own seat ta muchly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back