Why are France hated

Status
Not open for further replies.

I do not think they are hated , no more than us anyway . They have a very strong military past across mainland Europe and have probably been at war with every nation at some time, they battered the low countries and persecuted their protestants . They continually quarreled with the german states and contested control with spain, all that's apart from Napoleans away days . Old emnities die hard even though it was centuries ago, look at those celebrating 12th July if you need any proof.
I get on fine with the French , they're quite ordinary as a people in the mass of the country . Of course if you go to Paris they may have little time for nicety, no different to London though

I do not think they are hated , no more than us anyway . They have a very strong military past across mainland Europe and have probably been at war with every nation at some time, they battered the low countries and persecuted their protestants . They continually quarreled with the german states and contested control with spain, all that's apart from Napoleans away days . Old emnities die hard even though it was centuries ago, look at those celebrating 12th July if you need any proof.
I get on fine with the French , they're quite ordinary as a people in the mass of the country . Of course if you go to Paris they may have little time for nicety, no different to London though
Cheers for the sensible answer.

Wife is French, met loads of French people now and to a man (or woman) in the provinces they have all been very warm, friendly and inclusive to a 'ros bif' like me . Paris is a bit different. Full of arrogant cock ends in my albeit limited experience.

many years ago, the French had a habit of breaking rules. they put blockades up at ports and refused to allow our goods into france. This happened on a number of occaissions.

it is also a well known thought that the French farmers are making hay with the subsidy's from the EU and they refuse to change it, because it will hurt them the most. So in the meantime other countrys have to pay more

My wife refuses to buy anything French. If they can refuse to buy our goods then we should refuse to buy theirs

Its not racism, but she can choose how she spends her money

many years ago, the French had a habit of breaking rules. they put blockades up at ports and refused to allow our goods into france. This happened on a number of occaissions.

it is also a well known thought that the French farmers are making hay with the subsidy's from the EU and they refuse to change it, because it will hurt them the most. So in the meantime other countrys have to pay more

My wife refuses to buy anything French. If they can refuse to buy our goods then we should refuse to buy theirs

Its not racism, but she can choose how she spends her money
A good mate of mine over in Marseilles reckons they have an image of the British being the ones that aren't afraid to break the rules. They see themselves as the ones that follow their EU masters like sheep whilst the British are more willing to stand up for themselves. This was a pre Brexit view so nothing to do with recent events.

A good mate of mine over in Marseilles reckons they have an image of the British being the ones that aren't afraid to break the rules. They see themselves as the ones that follow their EU masters like sheep whilst the British are more willing to stand up for themselves. This was a pre Brexit view so nothing to do with recent events.

They probably do follow the EU master because they are a corrupt moral less group too

I lived just outside Salon-de-Provence for a while in the late 90's, incredibly welcoming people with an absolutely spot on take on life. Shocking drivers mind.

Different altogether to Marseille which always felt edgy. There always seemed to be lots of racial tension with the North African communities. My perception is it's them who hate the French.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back