Why are France hated

A crash is a crash and if you can't f***ing communicate effectively the liklihood is increased, French... always trying to buck the trend

Indeed it is. Pilot died so I'm sure his family are pleased with the French.

A crash is a crash and if you can't f***ing communicate effectively the liklihood is increased, French... always trying to buck the trend

Few crashes listed at the bottom of this.

English to become compulsory for pilots

Last edited:
Can't see it but iirc the crash was on the runway. Good that they were forced to accept speaking English.

I think it was in tenerife in the late 70’s. Two 747’s ended up on the runway at the same time due to communication issues caused by language barrier. One was either taking off or landing in fog and the other was crossing it and got hit side on, just under 600 killed IIRC

I lived just outside Salon-de-Provence for a while in the late 90's, incredibly welcoming people with an absolutely spot on take on life. Shocking drivers mind.

Different altogether to Marseille which always felt edgy. There always seemed to be lots of racial tension with the North African communities. My perception is it's them who hate the French.
Bit silly of them to migrate there then
;)

Because when you ask them for help or directions they just shrug, mumble something inaudible in French then take another draw on their Gauloises.

I was in Lille a few years ago with work and got the Eurostar over. Had no f***ing idea where the hotel was so asked a middle aged French woman where it was. She couldn't speak a word of English but grabbed the address from me and told me to follow. She took 10 minutes out of her own time and led me to the hotel door, then toddled off again.

I was in Lille a few years ago with work and got the Eurostar over. Had no f***ing idea where the hotel was so asked a middle aged French woman where it was. She couldn't speak a word of English but grabbed the address from me and told me to follow. She took 10 minutes out of her own time and led me to the hotel door, then toddled off again.

Probably a French speaking Belgian tbh.

A good mate of mine over in Marseilles reckons they have an image of the British being the ones that aren't afraid to break the rules. They see themselves as the ones that follow their EU masters like sheep whilst the British are more willing to stand up for themselves. This was a pre Brexit view so nothing to do with recent events.

its a long time since the british blocked the ports of france.

the French stopped beef and lamb imports and indeed have blockaded calias re an internal French matter

Years ago I was driving down to la rochelle and the striking truckers had blockaded the motorway at rennes iirc we were diverted into the city and we're pulled over pouring over the road atlas the city was gridlocked. There was a tap on the window from a couple on a motorbike in broken english they asked where we where headed.....said follow and took us on a hairy route through the back strreets avoiding the traffic and got us past the blockade and back on the road to la rochelle:cool:

Last edited:
I think it was in tenerife in the late 70’s. Two 747’s ended up on the runway at the same time due to communication issues caused by language barrier. One was either taking off or landing in fog and the other was crossing it and got hit side on, just under 600 killed IIRC

No that was CRM related. I know the one he means but can't put my finger on it. It was to do with taxy instructions and the non french not knowing where aircraft were taking off from.

Here it is - CDG 2000

SH33 / MD83, Paris CDG France, 2000 - SKYbrary Aviation Safety

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago I was driving down to la rochelle and the striking truckers had blockaded the motorway at rennes iirc we were diverted into the city and we're pulled over pouring over the road atlas the city was gridlocked. There was a tap on the window from a couple on a motorbike in broken english they asked where we where headed.....said follow and took us on a hairy route through the back strreets avoiding the traffic and got us past the blockade and back on the road to la rochelle:cool:

Similar happened to me and a couple of mates when we were driving to Burnley for a match. We had been in huddersfield the night before and driving through the countryside on the way to burnley. None if us had any colours on (because we are adults) and the car didn’t have any stickers or similar on it which would identify us as being from sunderland. This bloke behind us on the moors randomly starts flashing his headlights so we stop to see what the problem is. He asks us if we are going to the match and says to follow him, he will show us a quicker way. I was shitting myself as I was the best looking and youngest so was likely to be first on the list to have bad inbred yokel things done to me but luckily was also the fastest runner. Anyway we followed him and sure enough we missed all of the traffic and got a parking space really close to the ground. This has fuck all to do with the french, but the people of burnley didn’t collaborate with nazi germany in WWII so it's Burnley 1 cheese eating surrender monkeys 0.

Cast for the film is yet to be announced.

Back