Paul butler
John macphail

Jonny Evans category
Jonny Evans
John mensch

Longevity category
Garry Bennett
John o shea

Seeing as I only got my season ticket in 03 I’d have to say Johnny Evans. Miles better than our level and made Noz look good.

Shaun Elliott - classy centre half, shamefully took out by Souness that day at RP.

John MacPhail - great buy at the time, ice cool penalty taker...and those shorts :eek:

Jonny Evans - outstanding and was only a kid, his potential was obvious from such an early age.

Wes Brown - Man Utd mate said when he signed "If you can keep him fit he will easily be your Player of the Season".
A class act when fit but tbh if he was gonna be fully fit and available for a full season then he probably wouldn't be at Sunderland.

Gordon Chisholm - along with Chris Turner my fav player as a young 'un...goal in the brilliant Milk Cup replay performance at WHL.
Have to agree with those who said Jonny Evans...in te modern era for sure.
One name which hasnt been mentioned and who i liked while at the club is Ian Atkins ...remember him ?
Ian Atkins was a great player but wasn't he more midfield than centre half...?

Supported since 87 88

Loved mcphail and benno, defenders who could score!

jonny evans
kaboul
kone
mensah
brown
thome
bould

all had good spells

tough call....maybe mensah, when he was fit

Looking at the posts on here shows we've really had some top class players at the club, shame we've also had more than our fair share of shite to go with them.

Colin Todd was the best footballer. But probably would be defensive mid these days
Dave Watson best out and out centre half.

More recently really liked Johnny Evans

Shaun Elliott - classy centre half, shamefully took out by Souness that day at RP.

John MacPhail - great buy at the time, ice cool penalty taker...and those shorts :eek:

Jonny Evans - outstanding and was only a kid, his potential was obvious from such an early age.

Wes Brown - Man Utd mate said when he signed "If you can keep him fit he will easily be your Player of the Season".
A class act when fit but tbh if he was gonna be fully fit and available for a full season then he probably wouldn't be at Sunderland.

Gordon Chisholm - along with Chris Turner my fav player as a young 'un...goal in the brilliant Milk Cup replay performance at WHL.

Ian Atkins was a great player but wasn't he more midfield than centre half...?

yeah he was a utility player, like Bally, but i think his best position was CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back