Who's renewing now then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deprnds on the car but a modern interference engine is almost always a right off, £500 seems way below the cost. I had a timing belt fitted to mine four years ago, everything checked out fine, new tensioners, new idlers and water pump fitted. For some reason one of the new idlers seized after 14,000 miles. The only sensible thing to do was to find an engine with as low a mileage as I could. Found one in Norwich with 13,000 miles for £300, had to pick it up out of a car rear end bash. I did have contacts though. Got no help from idler manufacturers. Check out the cost on ebay, I found around £1,800 with 60 -80,000 miles.

The good lady drives the posh car, I only have a run around for work. It's not worth much more than £500 so if it is fucked then I'll go down the scrap it and get another route.

If the ubers dont mind, after 30 years of letdown after letdown im picking and choosing for the following reasons:

5-8 games i'll either not be able to make, mates csnt make, or if we do its driving only as its 2017 and you still cant get a f***ing bus or train home after half 8.

The clubs minimal interest in salvaging any hope/survival this past year.

For once ill benefit from a decent offer now n then rather that free curry with your £2.40 chips upto 30 minutes before kick off.

If we feckup yet another apointment snd were on sky i may choose that or kodi rather than a nigh on 50 mile trip. Ive gave up enough free time/weekends for the useless overpaid kernts (theyll still be well overpaid in the championship by the way).

Renewed April 6th.

Didn't know what league we'd be in.

Didn't know who we'll sign.

More importantly didn't know who we'd get shot of.

Didn't know who our manager would be.

No different to the last four or five years anyway.

Can't see what all the fuss is about .

Never understood the midweek games excuse. In the Championship you still get the same amount of weekend matches as in the Premier League, the midweek games are because there's an extra 8 matches to play and with our prices remaining the same it means you're actually getting more games for your money. I'm aware the standard of matches (sorry, standard of opposition) isn't the same but that makes no odds to me personally I go to watch SAFC not the team we play.

Edit: not that anyone needs an excuse, but you get my drift re midweek matches as a main reason to stop going

Last edited:
I rang up the club this afternoon to try to renew my season ticket.

They are now off-sale for a price review (went off-sale yesterday).

She didn't know when they would be back on sale, could be tomorrow, could be next week, but likely at a higher price.

I always intended to renew to be honest but as I'm not on direct debit I've got to actively renew, and, although I wasn't necessarily holding out for Moyes to go, nothing about the club has really been encouraging me to make that call recently

I still won't be renewing till Short has gone, the problems with the club lie much deeper than just at Moyes feet...

Never understood the midweek games excuse. In the Championship you still get the same amount of weekend matches as in the Premier League, the midweek games are because there's an extra 8 matches to play and with our prices remaining the same it means you're actually getting more games for your money. I'm aware the standard of matches (sorry, standard of opposition) isn't the same but that makes no odds to me personally I go to watch SAFC not the team we play.

Edit: not that anyone needs an excuse, but you get my drift re midweek matches as a main reason to stop going

Lots of people can't make midweek matches. We'll have 7 or 8 midweek home games next season. I can totally understand anyone not buying a season card when they know they won't be able to attend 1/3rd of the games when they can simply buy a ticket for any given match and basically sit where they want anyway.

Obviously different for those who go to away games and want to keep their points like.

We got chatting to a couple Chelsea fans before the match on Sunday...next season, their Season Ticket for the Lower Shed is £750....we were in Row 3 by the corner flag and the view is absolute shoite..

We got chatting to a couple Chelsea fans before the match on Sunday...next season, their Season Ticket for the Lower Shed is £750....we were in Row 3 by the corner flag and the view is absolute shoite..
lower tier is gash. no booze for a start

At Arsenal the cheapest adult season ticket is more than £1,000.

Chips were reasonable price on Sunday (for a London away) £2.40p from the van opposite that Stamford gate.....:neutral:...and the match Programme was a freebie....

At Arsenal the cheapest adult season ticket is more than £1,000.

Think it's cheaper next season as they'll all get a reduction due to uefa cup prices instead of champions league prices.

Is there a still a place to put your season ticket up for sale? Like stub hub or has all that been scrapped now and just have to sell it yourself?

Last edited:
Think it's cheaper next season as they'll all get a reduction due to uefa cup prices instead of champions league prices.

Is there a still a place to put your season ticket up for sale? Like stub hub or has all that been scrapped now and just have to sell it yourself?

We don't have a partnership with Stubhub anymore.

How far from the Sol are you as a matter of interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back