Who will be dropped for Wyke?

I agree Toney is a player I’d like here, but that wasn’t really my point. Wyke was signed as that psychical everyone said we were crying out for. I think he’s done a very good & massively unselfish job whilst he’s been in the pitch, it’s not pretty to watch sometimes. The fact is, you could maybe pick, in hindsight, a couple of decent forwards in this league. We’re a League One side with equivalent players.

Don't really understand that last sentence tbh. It's like saying Aguero was the equivalent of Jozy Altidore the season they were both playing in the prem because they were at Premier league clubs.

Don't really understand that last sentence tbh. It's like saying Aguero was the equivalent of Jozy Altidore the season they were both playing in the prem because they were at Premier league clubs.
The standard of players we can realistically sign are of the standard of this league. For instance, Billy Sharpe, we might been interested, but is a player capable of scoring goals in the Championship going to come here, especially as we won’t compensate them with higher wages for the pleasure.

The standard of players we can realistically sign are of the standard of this league. For instance, Billy Sharpe, we might been interested, but is a player capable of scoring goals in the Championship going to come here, especially as we won’t compensate them with higher wages for the pleasure.

Is the whole league the same standard? Can we sign better strikers than Wimbledon have for example?

Is the whole league the same standard? Can we sign better strikers than Wimbledon have for example?
We can, but you’d be daft to say there’s not a ceiling on League One teams. We might, hypothetically, be able to get Championship players in January if we’re looking certain to go up. After that, why would a player risk it? Money? We can’t & wont pay over the odds, rightly so. We’ve even got a different transfer window to the league above.

To the original point, we wanted a physical presence up front, this board have moaned on for long enough about size, strength etc. Who realistically could we have signed who would be our “physical forward”.

We can, but you’d be daft to say there’s not a ceiling on League One teams. We might, hypothetically, be able to get Championship players in January if we’re looking certain to go up. After that, why would a player risk it? Money? We can’t & wont pay over the odds, rightly so. We’ve even got a different transfer window to the league above.

To the original point, we wanted a physical presence up front, this board have moaned on for long enough about size, strength etc. Who realistically could we have signed who would be our “physical forward”.

Course there is but this 'we are in league 1 so are the same as everyone else in league 1 and we should just be grateful of every point' cliche is ridiculous.

At the time we signed Wyke Eisa went to championship and Taylor went to Charlton because Donald fucked him around over bonuses. None of them were physical. If we had signed Taylor there's a strong case to suggest we would have been promoted. We ended up with Wyke, as per the rest of our scattergun signings, who is a totally different player to those two and was injured when we signed him. Another recurring theme.

Our approach to identifying targets for what we need is abysmal.

As we seem to constantly hoof high balls forward, Wyke has to come back into the side.

Who misses out, McNulty or Mcguire?
Wykes f***ing terrible man I don’t understand how people can’t see this, he doesn’t even solve the long ball problem as he’s that bad in the air and just constantly fouls people

Puts the ball in the back of the net with some great quality but gets off lightly. 🤣
Not sure what you're getting at tbh. Wyke would be on the bench for me. Question was though, if Wyke had to play, that would mean 3 out of Maguire, Mcgeady, McNulty and Gooch. The other 3 offer us more consistent and make us more creative and a threat than Gooch imo, so he would miss out rather than 1 of the other 3.

But he wins them, no fucker else does, we are hoofing it up the field 30 yards outside their box, then trying to fight for the second ball 40 yards from their box, it makes no f***ing sense. Either stop hoofing it and play it on the ground, or play someone who can win it in the Air, and we only have one, thats Wyke. Ross needs to have a f***ing word with himself

So lets not play him and keep hoofing it?
There's no glossing over the fact he's utter shite but the only physical presence we have up front

Not sure what you're getting at tbh. Wyke would be on the bench for me. Question was though, if Wyke had to play, that would mean 3 out of Maguire, Mcgeady, McNulty and Gooch. The other 3 offer us more consistent and make us more creative and a threat than Gooch imo, so he would miss out rather than 1 of the other 3.
I'm not disagreeing in your opinion in this reply,you said that Gooch gets off lightly that's what disagree with.

Back