Who will be dropped for Wyke?

Wyke doesn’t come back in until somebody is injured/suspended/really shit. Same as before. He only got in because McNulty pulled up. He lost his place cos he was a silly billy.

Did well for the last goal but was anonymous for large parts of the game tbh, another who seems better off the bench really.

I thought he played well yesterday. Ran at them a lot and really frustrated them, got the ball forward a number of times and had a couple of shots on goal as well the assist.

That's all he is, adequate. He sums up our pretty shit recruitment
Grigg sums up our recruitment, instead of weakening our nearest rivals in our league we spunk a comparative fortune on someone not good enough for the league above, I know hindsight etc but the likes of Maddison, Moore or even possibly Collins could have been bought for what we paid for Will, and all would have damaged our rivals promotion bids, aided ours and been good enough for the step up.

He was signed as our target man. Who else in this league would you have signed to do that job?
A job Wyke has rarely done? I haven't a clue. He's an average league one player. I think Peterborough signed Toney in the same summer. I know which of the 2 I'd prefer.
Grigg sums up our recruitment, instead of weakening our nearest rivals in our league we spunk a comparative fortune on someone not good enough for the league above, I know hindsight etc but the likes of Maddison, Moore or even possibly Collins could have been bought for what we paid for Will, and all would have damaged our rivals promotion bids, aided ours and been good enough for the step up.
Grigg was just hideously over priced. January was a terrible month in regards to signings.

To be fair hoofing it created a few chances for us yesterday just a pity we couldn't finish the chances off.

Our finishing was very good on 3 occasions, but we just kept giving the ball to their central defenders with the hoof, I dont think it will work long term, but we shall see. We seem to lack a cohesive passing style, they looked better than us yesterday at passing and control, but we got the points, thats what matters at the moment

Back