Who will be dropped for Wyke?

Our finishing was very good on 3 occasions, but we just kept giving the ball to their central defenders with the hoof, I dont think it will work long term, but we shall see. We seem to lack a cohesive passing style, they looked better than us yesterday at passing and control, but we got the points, thats what matters at the moment
We've done very little to change our style of play.. How many signings this summer and we still have the same problems. Ball retention is poor, we rarely create many chances and there is still a lack of pace in the squad.

The biggest problem, alongside the academy, at this club is recruitment. Imo it just seems to be a case of who is available.

We've done very little to change our style of play.. How many signings this summer and we still have the same problems. Ball retention is poor, we rarely create many chances and there is still a lack of pace in the squad.

The biggest problem, alongside the academy, at this club is recruitment. Imo it just seems to be a case of who is available.

Agreed, it seems that we never get our first choice. We also need the kids out on loan to see if they can do it. I would have Mumba at shields, so he is not too far away from home, but something like that could work (or break him). Wrapping them up in cotton wool isnt preparing them for league football

Last edited:
A job Wyke has rarely done? I haven't a clue. He's an average league one player. I think Peterborough signed Toney in the same summer. I know which of the 2 I'd prefer.

Grigg was just hideously over priced. January was a terrible month in regards to signings.
I agree Toney is a player I’d like here, but that wasn’t really my point. Wyke was signed as that psychical everyone said we were crying out for. I think he’s done a very good & massively unselfish job whilst he’s been in the pitch, it’s not pretty to watch sometimes. The fact is, you could maybe pick, in hindsight, a couple of decent forwards in this league. We’re a League One side with equivalent players.

I agree Toney is a player I’d like here, but that wasn’t really my point. Wyke was signed as that psychical everyone said we were crying out for. I think he’s done a very good & massively unselfish job whilst he’s been in the pitch, it’s not pretty to watch sometimes. The fact is, you could maybe pick, in hindsight, a couple of decent forwards in this league. We’re a League One side with equivalent players.
We'll have to disagree as imo he's a million miles away from having done a very good job.

He's VERY hard to like on the other hand
I don't think he's unlikable but he can be very frustrating, he's making a difference recently though so he can't really be dropped, he always puts the effort in too.
Vic Halom. If he turned us down I would’ve set this place the task of unearthing Vic Halom footage and implanting it in Wykes brain. “What would Vic Do?” Should be repeating in his head constantly.
What would Kevin Kyle do would be fine by me!

As we seem to constantly hoof high balls forward, Wyke has to come back into the side.

Who misses out, McNulty or Mcguire?

If we're gonna go up we need a centre forward to get us 15 goals this season. Wyke is not capable of doing that, and it looks like Grigg isn't either, which to me means McNulty must get a long run in the team even if he doesn't score in the next 5 matches.

If we're gonna go up we need a centre forward to get us 15 goals this season. Wyke is not capable of doing that, and it looks like Grigg isn't either, which to me means McNulty must get a long run in the team even if he doesn't score in the next 5 matches.

I dont think any of them are good enough, I wanted him to win the hoofball we play

Wyke has a head like a ten bob bit so even if he wins a header nobody knows where its going

But he wins them, no fucker else does, we are hoofing it up the field 30 yards outside their box, then trying to fight for the second ball 40 yards from their box, it makes no f***ing sense. Either stop hoofing it and play it on the ground, or play someone who can win it in the Air, and we only have one, thats Wyke. Ross needs to have a f***ing word with himself
Wyke has a head like a ten bob bit so even if he wins a header nobody knows where its going

So lets not play him and keep hoofing it?

Last edited:
A job Wyke has rarely done? I haven't a clue. He's an average league one player. I think Peterborough signed Toney in the same summer. I know which of the 2 I'd prefer.

Grigg was just hideously over priced. January was a terrible month in regards to signings.

I’m not necessarily arguing against this, but does anyone actually know exactly what we paid for him? (I know it was ‘up to £4m’ and I think I remember SD saying something like ‘if we end up paying that for him we’ll be very happy’ so what’s not to say that we paid, say, £2m with a further mill for promotion to Champ and again for promotion to PL (presumably with Grigg featuring in a min number of games/scoring a min number of goals)?

Back