Who scored the quickest goal you've ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1966 at Roker, Chris Lawler in the first minute attacking the Roker End from a corner. Liverpool kicked of then attacked down the left, got a corner, and scored at the near post. Game ended 2-2.

Couple of away games I was at both against us. Arsenal away under Bruce think it was van Persie. Then West Brom away under MON lost 4-0

Some bloke for Charlton

Best bit was we took kick off

back pass to midfield, passed back to Tony Gale, shit pass bloke slots it home

7 seconds

EDIT - I found it. 9 seconds it was -

for us Leroy Rosenior away at Forest in 89, 19 seconds I think it was

I think I was at that one. Was that the one when Neil Cox came over and offered our End out? There was hell on in that bit corner after that!
I remember the loudspeaker announcer taking the piss saying the only good thing to come out of Sunderland was the A19 :lol::lol:

I remember the West Brom match back in 76/77. I'd barely got into the ground when the ball was in the back of the net. If my memory serves me well we had beaten Boro 4-0 the previous week. We had failed tp score in the previous 10 matches losing 8 of them. The introduction of 3 youngest Shaun Elliot, Kevin Arnold and a certain Gary Rowell transformed our season. From being bottom we only lost 3 matches during the remaing season.

Must be a game attended and must be the lads. I think mine might be Bob Lee in the 6-1 touncing of WBA in the 1976/7 season when he scored after just 25 seconds.

The have been several first minute goals over the years but I'm struggling to think of anything quicker.

Dirk Kuyt 37 seconds against Heracles in May, not only the quickest goal I've seen but also the maddest goal celebrations I've been amoungst

Fraizer Campbell after about 30 seconds against Bolton. 4-0 win.

I pitched up late at West Ham in the Marco years and we were at least 2 down ( I think I'd gone to Clapton )

Can remember Ian Rush scoring after a few seconds for Liverpool into the Fulwell End in 1985. The crowd were halfway through the "Ian Rush when he gets the ball he does fuck all" chant when he scored.

It was a rearranged game as original game in January was abandoned at half time because of a frosty pitch by referee Trelford Mills!

Fog wasn't it? I remember we were battering them (apparently..... couldn't see past the halfway line from the FE), then they hoofed us in the replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back