Who scored the quickest goal you've ever seen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Ayresome Park 5 times, the only time I saw us score was Gary Hamilton's testimonal when we won 2-1. Was trouble in their paddock when we scored. Seaburn lads doing their usual thing :lol:
Nah it was just a dozen pissed lads throwing haymakers and missing by miles. Was hilarious to watch.

Must be a game attended and must be the lads. I think mine might be Bob Lee in the 6-1 touncing of WBA in the 1976/7 season when he scored after just 25 seconds.

The have been several first minute goals over the years but I'm struggling to think of anything quicker.

Ian Rush in '85 - it is recorded as 1 minute but I stood in the Roker End, Liverpool kicked off, sure Rush just ran up the pitch like a whippet and scored, seemed like seconds at the time. Probably the quickest individual goal I can remember. The annoying this, it was a replay after the original game was abandoned at half time due to a frozen pitch (it was proper Baltic, I lost the feeling in my feet) and we were holding Liverpool 0-0.

Ian Rush's 82 goal by all accounts - 1' 03.04.1985 3 - 0 Sunderland Roker Park

I think it was summat like:

Beat Bristol City 1-0
Then Boro 4-0
West Brom 6-1
West Ham 6-0

Apologies if I have that wrong.

Even Bob Lee and Mel Holden were amongst the goals.
Bob Lee with 32 goals in 109 games and Mel Holden with 23 in 73 games in fairness were more prolific than the likes of Fletcher, Altidore, Graham, Wickham, Campbell etc. Still hard to believe big Mel had Motor Neurone disease and died tragically young aged 26.:(

Reactions: DJP
I think it was the Chinese player Young Lee Sharpe who scored in the first the minute against us at Old Trafford around 90/91. Luckily it was disallowed and we were able to regroup.

We couldn't get tickets for our end at Boro circa 91 so we went in The Holgate end. Boro scored after about 25 seconds, as we were stood at the back, one of my mates started punching the wooden fence behind us shouting "BASTARD". I thought we were going to get killed :)

Ian Rush in '85 - it is recorded as 1 minute but I stood in the Roker End, Liverpool kicked off, sure Rush just ran up the pitch like a whippet and scored, seemed like seconds at the time. Probably the quickest individual goal I can remember. The annoying this, it was a replay after the original game was abandoned at half time due to a frozen pitch (it was proper Baltic, I lost the feeling in my feet) and we were holding Liverpool 0-0.

Ian Rush's 82 goal by all accounts - 1' 03.04.1985 3 - 0 Sunderland Roker Park
Has to be safc goals girls and boys

I missed both goals in a 2-0 win at Reading twenty odd years back as I couldn't find a parking space.

Also, walked into Bournemouth just as that Ritchie bloke pulled the trigger on a belter in a 2-0 defeat under big Dick. Stuck in traffic on the way into the city.

Missed our goal in a 1-1 at Southampton (wor Giacchy) couple of years back as the wife (no) had to have a piss before we took our seats.

Edit: I realise it's not the 'goals you missed' thread. Apologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back