Who is usually the first name that enters your head when

From what I have read, the manager McColl, a former Rangers player, was not rated either.
He wasn't. Fancy Martin Harvey playing on a Satuirday in afriendly at Spennymoor in the reserves and then captaining Northern Ireland at Wembley on the Wednesday! Playing Charlie Hurley in the reserves but playing Kinnell in the first team. He wanted to change the boot room to look like the one at Rangers FC as well.

He wasn't. Fancy Martin Harvey playing on a Satuirday in afriendly at Spennymoor in the reserves and then captaining Northern Ireland at Wembley on the Wednesday! Playing Charlie Hurley in the reserves but playing Kinnell in the first team. He wanted to change the boot room to look like the one at Rangers FC as well.
I remember seeing Hurley in a North Regional League game at South Shields. And then there was Baxter. Fantastic player that he was, none of the top clubs were prepared to take a gamble on him: I might be wrong about this but was it a condition of McColl accepting the job that he was allowed to sign his fellow Scotsman.

Back