White people never mention colour / race

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't dispute that he is intelligent, he's also quite funny for a comedian. i just think he totally overcooks the race thing, which dilutes the subject and reduces it. imo
I can totally understand that, it generally annoys me when somebody with a valid argument throws in the race card; it gets peoples backs up and often seems to be done purely as an inflammatory action rather than to make any progress.

Years ago, I won a pair of tickets to go see Lenny Henry at the Empire.

LH: "Hello Sunderland!"
Crowd: "Hello!
LH: "All the guys give me a cheer"
Blokes: "Woahah"
LH: "All the girls give me a scream"
Lasses: "yeaaahhh!"
LH: "all the black people give me a cheer"
Crowd: silence.

The rest of his act was greeted with much the same response. So obvious he was trying to play some ironic race card and highlight the cultural imbalance in Sunderland which has FUCK ALL to do with us.

Shame, because he started off well with a partisan crowd of fans, but this stupid trick lost him a lot of followers that night.

Years ago, I won a pair of tickets to go see Lenny Henry at the Empire.

LH: "Hello Sunderland!"
Crowd: "Hello!
LH: "All the guys give me a cheer"
Blokes: "Woahah"
LH: "All the girls give me a scream"
Lasses: "yeaaahhh!"
LH: "all the black people give me a cheer"
Crowd: silence.

The rest of his act was greeted with much the same response. So obvious he was trying to play some ironic race card and highlight the cultural imbalance in Sunderland which has FUCK ALL to do with us.

Shame, because he started off well with a partisan crowd of fans, but this stupid trick lost him a lot of followers that night.

I don’t think they weren’t laughing because of that mate. Have you ever seen a Lenny Henry show? He’s like the stand up version of the Big Bang Theory - Unfunny and shit.

I don’t think they weren’t laughing because of that mate. Have you ever seen a Lenny Henry show? He’s like the stand up version of the Big Bang Theory - Unfunny and shit.

Didn't I answer that by saying, "I won a pair of tickets to go see Lenny Henry at the Empire"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back