White people never mention colour / race

because it doenst have any negative impacts for us so it never becomes an issue

if you have no experience of decrimintation , then naturally its never occurs to most people and isnt important

Maybe, maybe not ( re chip on shoulder) but she also mentioned she was a Muslim, and a woman.

Maybe over time she has had to fight her corner.

Thing is she won bake off on her cooking skills and that is all that counts.

The sooner in life we ignore religion ( should be kept private to you) and colour the better.

hmmmmm........

She was crap in the technicals.

That Reginald D Hunter is the worst for it. Every joke is playing on some black, deep South, ghetto stereotype. It's boring as fuck after the first couple of jokes. Especially when he is generally on BBC comedy show panels with majority British working class audiences.

I know race and other 'taboo' subjects have been flipped over via the medium of comedy to great success, but theres a saturation point where by after people are just laughing so as not to be seen not laughing

Spot on this mind.

My interpretation was that her mental issues were down to a COMBINATION of being a woman, brown and muslim trying to make it in a world.

Nothing but admiration for her, to be fair. Oh, and wad.

Logon or register to see this image

That Reginald D Hunter is the worst for it. Every joke is playing on some black, deep South, ghetto stereotype. It's boring as fuck after the first couple of jokes. Especially when he is generally on BBC comedy show panels with majority British working class audiences.

I know race and other 'taboo' subjects have been flipped over via the medium of comedy to great success, but theres a saturation point where by after people are just laughing so as not to be seen not laughing
I know what your saying, but I find that RDH does it better than most; he seems to have I level of intelligence behind his jokes, whereas most stereotyped comedians are just trawling out the same lines over and over.

I get the OP's point. She said she's been depressed because she's Muslim, Brown and a woman...this is a very, very bad description of real depression. I've been really pissed off but I would never ever describe it as depressed and in fact it's one thing that's got me through knowing (from others) what real depression is, a total take over of everything which is why people jump in front of trains. Depression is not being down, it's being out of control of your mind.

Very well put.

I know what your saying, but I find that RDH does it better than most; he seems to have I level of intelligence behind his jokes, whereas most stereotyped comedians are just trawling out the same lines over and over.

Fat or gay comedians for example.

i don't dispute that he is intelligent, he's also quite funny for a comedian. i just think he totally overcooks the race thing, which dilutes the subject and reduces it. imo

Back