Whisky

I got the 25yo for £99 on Amazon a couple years ago, it would often be available at that price. I see that Master of Malt have it for £149?

It was good, but like @Cee Jay I found the 15yo more to my taste and much better value.
Used to get the 15 for £50 not that long ago.

When I go to France I often order from berevita and the 105 litre is still only about 40 euros

I got the 25yo for £99 on Amazon a couple years ago, it would often be available at that price. I see that Master of Malt have it for £149?

It was good, but like @Cee Jay I found the 15yo more to my taste and much better value.
It's £135 on House of Malt (with promo code) . Remember when it used to be £99 at costco few years ago.

Love the Deoch an doras description. Clochan dichter is the dram before the deoch an doras! :lol:
Lagavulin 16 for £54.36 on s&s Amazon.

As close to the old £49 price point that I used to remember it at for a long time

Last edited:
Just on a bottle kill of the Whiskybroker Caol Ila with the red wine finish.

Some red wine finishes are a bit crap but really enjoyed this one. Can’t remember what I paid but wouldn’t have been much

I've had all the recent ones and never been disappointed. I usually buy 3 bottles :oops:
On the shelf I still have:
2018 Ruby Port
2019 Peated Rum
2020 Tawny Port
2021 Red Wine
2022 Peated PX
2023 Lightly Peated White Port
aye the 2021 was Cab Sav from memory. Missed the 2022 and 2023. Remember thinking there was loads about then all of a sudden gone.

Do you know the out turn ?

Bordeaux…aye that was it :lol:

With you on red wine finishes but they sometimes are surprisingly good, the Caol Ila whiskybroker one I mentioned above is an example
Yes, the WB Caol Ila was very good.
I usually find red wine finishes hold up better in peated than unpeated but maybe that's just me. I much prefer a peated sherry cask to an unpeated as well.

Are usually sizeable which why I’m never in a rush, even though last two years that didn’t work out
Don't think last years flew off the shelves, I remember getting an email from them a few months back offering more when they were clearing the old stock.

Not tried the Glasgow Tokaji yet but heard good things about it and have a bottle unopened in the whisky wardrobe :lol:

Back