Whisky

to be honest their Islay is pretty decent, as you say not paid a fortune for it.

Might be worth trying their highly rated 3 year old malt ( Queen Margot) about £11 quid and decent.
Drinkable on its own and certainly if making Scotch based cocktails.

Ralphy loved it..and seen a few other good reviews

Assuming that's the unboxed one I saw on the bottom shelf. Lidl's beers are excellent so hoping for similar with the whisky

So have people got a massive collection or just a couple to keep you going? Being researching and by christ there are shit loads out there. Going to cost me a fortune this.

So have people got a massive collection or just a couple to keep you going? Being researching and by christ there are shit loads out there. Going to cost me a fortune this.
I don't drink it very often but usually have a bottle or two available. I did drink it a bit more over the Christmas period as I fancied whisky in preference to rum for some reason as yet undetermined. Have you given rum a go?

I don't drink it very often but usually have a bottle or two available. I did drink it a bit more over the Christmas period as I fancied whisky in preference to rum for some reason as yet undetermined. Have you given rum a go?
Think i had rum years ago and dont remember liking it. However, I never liked whisky but guess was drinking the wrong type. Think I'll stick to whisky or the wife might think I've really got a problem.

growing collection...about 15-20 bottles.
Tending to replace every bottle I finish with one or two new ones.
Planning on a bit of a splurge when we go to Islay
Are you planning on drinking them. Mate who loves his whisky and spends shit loads of time in scotland says that people collect them and dont bother, which seems crackers to me.

Are you planning on drinking them. Mate who loves his whisky and spends shit loads of time in scotland says that people collect them and dont bother, which seems crackers to me.

no they’re absolutely all for drinking...and all opened apart from those got for Xmas ( doing dry Jan)
Not spending or buying collectible stuff but by rotating to try different ones each weekend a bottle can last ages..bought a bottle of Port Charlotte heavily peated in March and still got a quarter or so left

no they’re absolutely all for drinking...and all opened apart from those got for Xmas ( doing dry Jan)
Not spending or buying collectible stuff but by rotating to try different ones each weekend a bottle can last ages..bought a bottle of Port Charlotte heavily peated in March and still got a quarter or so left
Aye that's my plan now that christmas has gone. Only drink it at a weekend. However, fancy one now mind, but being a good lad.

to be honest their Islay is pretty decent, as you say not paid a fortune for it.

Might be worth trying their highly rated 3 year old malt ( Queen Margot) about £11 quid and decent.
Drinkable on its own and certainly if making Scotch based cocktails.

Ralphy loved it..and seen a few other good reviews
Aye, the Lidl Islay is very good.

I find the 8 year old Queen Margot with the black label is good for an everyday whisky. As well as the 3 year old red label Queen Margot there used to be a 5 year old in the range with a green label but I haven’t seen it in stock for ages so may be discontinued.

Back