Whisky

Where do most people get it from. Supermarkets? Local shop? A gem of an internet site that does cracking deals?
I always pick up a few bottles when I am driving home from oban to keep me going

but I also order online from them and they package the stuff very well..as it happens my missus bought me a bottle of tamdhu 15 from them which I am very happy with

great range of non distillery bottlings

and rehills in jesmond who stock an amazing range of every spirit as well as an unsurpassed beer choice

Last edited:
I always pick up a few bottles when I am driving home from oban to keep me going

but I also order online from them and they package the stuff very well..as it happens my missus bought me a bottle of tamdhu 15 from them which I am very happy with

great range of non distillery bottlings

and rehills in jesmond who stock an amazing range of every spirit as well as an unsurpassed beer choice

Aye used Tynedrum ( formerly the Green Welly stop) a few times..good

Also bought from Loch Fyne...plan to pop into their shop in Invaray on way to Islay in May

I'm not a fan of Talisker as it is far too harsh for my liking.
no shame in it..I personally think its vile and I am big whisky drinker

I prefer a sherried whisky...some are finished off for a couple of years in sherry casks, some mature only in sherry casks for their entire life, adds a lovely colour and sweeter edge to them, I prefer these.

Last edited:

I prefer a sherried whisky...some are finished off for a couple of years in sherry casks, some mature only in sherry casks for their entire life, adds a lovely colour and sweeter edge to them, I prefer these.
There is such a wide range of whisky available that it's daft to say 'I don't like whisky' based upon tasting one or two. It's a matter of trial and error to discover your preference.

you might like this then

Got a bottle and though I generally prefer Islay stuff ( loving Campbeltown as well at the minute) its a real sherrybomb

Almost a malt flavour sherry :lol:

Amazon is good, stay away from the whisky shop.

this...so f***ing expensive

Remember mother in law buying me the odd bottle from there and it was miles more than anywhere else. Since told her anywhere else is cheaper

In there the one and only time and was pounced upon by shop assistant....
almost ended laughing as I pointed out how massively over priced they are ( and aye I do know the rents there are expensive)

Purchased the Ben Bracken speyside single malt after good review on here and on YouTube. Will try on Friday.

For £17.49 I can't complain, if I don't like it I know I love at least 3 scotch based cocktails I do like 😅

Purchased the Ben Bracken speyside single malt after good review on here and on YouTube. Will try on Friday.

For £17.49 I can't complain, if I don't like it I know I love at least 3 scotch based cocktails I do like 😅

to be honest their Islay is pretty decent, as you say not paid a fortune for it.

Might be worth trying their highly rated 3 year old malt ( Queen Margot) about £11 quid and decent.
Drinkable on its own and certainly if making Scotch based cocktails.

Ralphy loved it..and seen a few other good reviews

Back