Whisky

Still can't get owa I got a Deanston 18 for £37.50

Ordered one of these yesterday, £41.88 delivered. Had a bottle of the CS stuff which preceded this and it was amazing, this is 46% so have high hopes. WIO have a sale on a couple more of their Benromach stock, here and here. Wished I'd noticed those others yesterday as may have added to my order, great prices
Cheers black-cat, I've went for the peat smoke and the organic, £53-ish delivered.

Coincedently, I've got a Speyburn 10 for £10.53 and Tobermory 12 for £13.85 getting delivered on an Amazon glitch this month.

How did you wangle this please?
Fluke/glitch.

I was looking on subscribe & save for some low price everyday drams. They were both reduced, then 15% off S&S and a further 10% off voucher. By the time I'd added them and looked at my 'S&S deliveries', the 10% voucher seems to have been applied as £10 off instead, or applied multiple times like black-cat's Deanston 18.

Way beyond I reckon, we should run a sweepstake, I reckon north of 3k all for a good cause though.
I'll say 5, but I honestly believe they could go as high as 8 and even higher. There are some fuckin rich people out there who are fanatical about Springbank. The Chinese are buying them up big style at the min apparently

Suffering from the dreaded COVID so just asked the missus to pour me a dram blind to test my sense of smell. Couldn’t pick up anything at all on the nose and it turned out to be an Ardbeg :lol:
Guess that’s me off the whisky for a while then :(

I'm a sucker for a Macduff but I think that I now have five bottles awaiting consumption so I will try to resist.
I've had a core bottling of Deveron 10 and 12 (Macduff unless I'm mistaken).

I fancy having a go at a Whiskybroker bottling. What would you recommend, they've got a few up on there I think.

I've had a core bottling of Deveron 10 and 12 (Macduff unless I'm mistaken).

I fancy having a go at a Whiskybroker bottling. What would you recommend, they've got a few up on there I think.
Deveron 10 and 12 is indeed produced by the Macduff distillery. I'm unable to help much as the Macduff bottles currently available on Whiskybroker are currently in my awaiting drinking pipeline. I'd maybe go for the Christmas bottling as surely Martin would have used some of his best casks for the Christmas bottles?

As an aside, I'm now a good way through consuming the Rattray Tobermory and although I'm enjoying it (with a good slosh of water) I'm unsure if I actually prefer the core 12 year old.

As an aside, I'm now a good way through consuming the Rattray Tobermory and although I'm enjoying it (with a good slosh of water) I'm unsure if I actually prefer the core 12 year old.
This is what I wrote back in October on the Rattray Tobermory:
Disclaimer - it’s a neck pour although I did give 30 minutes to breathe.

Not getting too much from the nose, little bit of spice but a bit underwhelming.
Drop of water opens it up a bit but not getting the sweeter notes I’d expect from a bourbon cask - I’m beginning to suspect it might be a bit of a tired cask.

Side by side comparison I prefer the OB despite it being 46% v Cask strength.

Overall a bit underwhelmed but I reserve the right to change my mind when it’s had a bit more air in :lol:
I didn't change my mind on it as I ploughed through it. Not one of their better bottlings IMO.

Cheers black-cat, I've went for the peat smoke and the organic, £53-ish delivered.

Coincedently, I've got a Speyburn 10 for £10.53 and Tobermory 12 for £13.85 getting delivered on an Amazon glitch this month.
The buggers at Amazon have cancelled my delivery because of their pricing error.

First I got stiffed by Master of Malt on the Kilkerran release, now this. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.:rolleyes:

Anyone else had the email from Ardbeg regards their latest NFT release? Wtf is that all about!?! 😵‍💫
ABOUT THE ARDBEG X BLOCKBAR PARTNERSHIP

Ardbeg Fon Fhòid's limited release of 456 virtual bottles are available exclusively on BlockBar.com, anywhere in the world from 19th April 2022. BlockBar has sold thousands of NFTs - digital assets - from a wide variety of other distillers.

BE SURE TO GET YOUR HANDS ON IT

Those lucky enough to lay their virtual hands on the whisky will receive a digital version of their purchase, which can then be traded and redeemed to receive their actual bottle. So they can, ahem, 'dig' Ardbeg Fon Fhòid whenever they like, in all its smoky glory.

:lol::lol:

I remember the days when buying whisky was easy!

Back