Whisky

First time actually in Tynemouth shop...not bad at all.

Asked if any Glennallachie 10 CS left( none on display) and off he went into the back and came out with it. Even said I could have the two left but bought just the one as I was buying a few others of theirs.
Not a bottle of KK or Springbank in their mind ;)

Will go back

Aye, they are lovely people in there.
I just had an email from Really Good Whisky Company saying they had KK Heavily Peated Batch 5 in but despite clicking through within 5 seconds of the email landing it was sold out :(

Haven’t bought the latest KK HP nor anything from the latest Mitchell’s release but I picked up the Cadenhead KK HP.
A few on the next Cadenheads release tempting me, plus SMWS have a Ledaig 14yo, Glen Scotia Heavily Peated 8yo and a Ben Nevis first fill bourbon hogshead on this Friday's release that I have my eye on. I can see December being another expensive month :lol:

I tend to buy a lot of the SMWS Glen Scotia releases as I find them pretty good value and I've yet to have one that disappointed.
Aye I've got one unopened too, I'm not a member of SMWS but picked that up at auction as I really liked its description (and got it at a good price) Glen Scotia is somewhat of a marmite distillery for me, some I love, others not so much
Just checked was £58.00 (free shipping) when I bought it from SMWS.

Last edited:
I tend to buy a lot of the SMWS Glen Scotia releases as I find them pretty good value and I've yet to have one that disappointed.

Just checked was £58.00 (free shipping) when I bought it from SMWS.
I paid little more than that and shipped it with other bottles too so all in all was happy enough.
Anyone have any more info on this?

Seems a good price for a 29 year old single grain

Last edited:
I paid little more than that and shipped it with other bottles too so all in all was happy enough.
Anyone have any more info on this?

Seems a good price for a 29 year old single grain
50 cl.

Back