Whisky

Didn’t buy that much, in fact it was more replacing bottles ( couple of Glenallachies and Glenfarclas for example)
Thought I’d manage to get the Glenallachie CS10 for example from the shop but none of it about from distillery shop or other local shops.

Tempted with the odd “bottle your own“ from single casks but these were really pricey, more so than I thought they’d be. Enjoyed trying them though.

Also found out that the Glenfarclas 185 youngest malt is apparently 14 years. Thought from description it had far younger stuff in. That’s if I was told the truth of course ;)

Didn’t buy that much, in fact it was more replacing bottles ( couple of Glenallachies and Glenfarclas for example)
Thought I’d manage to get the Glenallachie CS10 for example from the shop but none of it about from distillery shop or other local shops.

Tempted with the odd “bottle your own“ from single casks but these were really pricey, more so than I thought they’d be. Enjoyed trying them though.

Also found out that the Glenfarclas 185 youngest malt is apparently 14 years. Thought from description it had far younger stuff in. That’s if I was told the truth of course ;)
Last one I "bottled your own" was a Balblair 13yo and it was £95 about 3 or 4 years ago. Not cheap by any stretch.

Looks like Whiskybroker are finally going to start bottling again. They're just released a list of casks they're intending to bottle.

Logon or register to see this image

A little disappointed with the prevalence of sherry casks amongst them.
Not before time as apart from the ‘Mourinho’ their last release was November. I’ve had four bottles in storage for ages waiting to add a further two and have them delivered.

I did, even though I very seldom visit the group. Was just fortunate to be a member of the group before the bottle was offered. Not even sure when it's being released. Did you get one?
Yes I did I'm the same I hardly go on, in fact I only have a Facebook account to access whisky groups but was lucky enough to get one, think its a great gesture.

Back