Whisky

Managed to bag a couple of bottles of the last CS springbank on the latest SWA auction at £65 plus fee's, so just over retail but their were about 6-8 bottles went for £60. I counted 50 bottles at the beginning of the auction so it was good to see some of the flippers getting bit on the arse.
That's where I got mine from mate, paid the same as you.
Nice one...would have sent a sample over of the heavily peated if not.
Off to Scotland in a few weeks, been my job to book a few whisky trips/visits but obviously more difficult due to Covid.

Stopping very near Forres and therefore Benromach would have been ideal but they announced yesterday they're remaining closed for rest of the year.

Doing the curtailed Glenfarclas and the Premium tasting at Glennalleachie. Understandably those that are open have certain areas off limits and they seem more of tastings than tours.
Not all whisky related trip so might limit it to that.
Logie whisky shop nr Forres meant to be canny and will give that a look.

Any other good whisky shops etc within 30-40 minutes drive from Forres ?
I've never actually ventured that far north although I'm hoping to at some point.

Last edited:
Nice one...would have sent a sample over of the heavily peated if not.
Off to Scotland in a few weeks, been my job to book a few whisky trips/visits but obviously more difficult due to Covid.

Stopping very near Forres and therefore Benromach would have been ideal but they announced yesterday they're remaining closed for rest of the year.

Doing the curtailed Glenfarclas and the Premium tasting at Glennalleachie. Understandably those that are open have certain areas off limits and they seem more of tastings than tours.
Not all whisky related trip so might limit it to that.
Logie whisky shop nr Forres meant to be canny and will give that a look.

Any other good whisky shops etc within 30-40 minutes drive from Forres ?

The Gordon & MacPhail shop in Elgin is worth a look. Glen Grant is well worth a visit normally, not sure what it's like at the moment

Last edited:
Got my mate a bottle of caol lla moch for his 50th next month , and despite heading to Edinburgh next week on a whisky adventure, got myself the 12 year old.

Thought I’d finished this ages ago but it’s seemingly been hidden amongst the shelves. Possesses a wonderfully buttery viscous mouthfeel. First of a few Tyndrum tastings tonight. Not sure how much attention it’ll get with the football on in the background.

Logon or register to see this image
Never had indy Glenfarclas...never see that much of it and fortunately i really like most of their core range and belting value ;)

distilled a good year of course

Last edited:
Glendronach 18 for £83.25 on subscribe on Amazon if anyone's interested.

I last bought it for £75 but it's normally around the £100 mark these days. I've taken the plunge, as it looks like being the last bottle I'll be getting unless the whole price inflation bubble crashes at some point..

Back