Whisky

Tyndrum exclusive NS just arrived...super quick delivery that 👍

Not that I'm in any rush...got some bottle killing to do. Going to France on 7th (Covid etc permitting) and as mother in law now into whisky planning on taking a fair few quarter to third full bottles over.

Nowt too nice mind :lol:

Happy Birthday. Not heard of the Hatozaki before but Tovess is Amazon’s own brand. Haven’t tried any Tovess branded whisky but their gin isn’t bad. The Glenfiddich wasn’t to my taste and I always struggle with Penderyn, especially if it’s not had any port influence. Hope you enjoy them!
Cracked this Clynelish tonight, wish I’d done so earlier! Big tropical fruit hit with an unusual umami/tahini savoury note beneath. I’d have definitely bought another bottle, alas!

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
7 more bottles today for birthday. I could open my own shop at this rate

Speyside asda
Tovess
Glenfiddich fire and cane
Some Welsh one called pendryn
Hatizaki
Highland park 10
Whyte mackay

Haven't heard of most of them.
Penderyn is a really nice drop , often on special on Amazon .. sometimes Tesco

Glad you enjoyed it.

My sons are 23 and 24. At £12, I hope the Caol Ila went to school with them.

A Caol Ila 12yo would normally be around £4 in the pub.
It was the 12. A double so guess they would be around the £8 mark.

Had a talkisker and glenfiddich in another bar and both were £5 for the double so that seemed a bargin 😂

What's wrong, everyone drying out after the Euro's?

I've got a question about Springbank/Hazelburn. I've managed to snag a few Springbank releases, and it's been a right royal pain, but never a Hazelburn.

What's the story with joining the Springbank Distillers Society for £50? Anyone in it? Do you get a chance of a pre-sale for the releases, what's their shipping costs?

Just back from Speyside trip. Plenty of the Hazleburn in the shops we were in ( just the 10 yr old) but could have picked you one up.

Glenfarclas tour and Glenallachie tasting/virtual tour both really enjoyable.

Did get told by fella in whisky shop in Aberlour that there are various malts about to be discontinued and some even undergoing other changes ( sure he said Springbank will be in tubes rather than boxes)

Macallan like a giant Teletubbies site :lol:

I've got a question about Springbank/Hazelburn. I've managed to snag a few Springbank releases, and it's been a right royal pain, but never a Hazelburn.

What's the story with joining the Springbank Distillers Society for £50? Anyone in it? Do you get a chance of a pre-sale for the releases, what's their shipping costs?
Mostly too hot for me to drink whisky at the moment.

Im in the Springbank Society, unfortunately it’s been closed to new members for a while. No idea when they’ll reopen it but I know there’s a waiting list. There are a couple of society only releases per year and a few society only tastings as well as a small discount in the distillery shop but not many other benefits.

Most of the Springbank and Hazelburn releases sell out soon after release, except the 10 and 15. Same applies to Hazelburn and Longrow Red.

I managed to get a cask strength Hazelburn 10 from the mystical cage on my recent visit. Perhaps you need a trip to the Kintyre peninsula?

Mostly too hot for me to drink whisky at the moment.

Im in the Springbank Society, unfortunately it’s been closed to new members for a while. No idea when they’ll reopen it but I know there’s a waiting list. There are a couple of society only releases per year and a few society only tastings as well as a small discount in the distillery shop but not many other benefits.

Most of the Springbank and Hazelburn releases sell out soon after release, except the 10 and 15. Same applies to Hazelburn and Longrow Red.

I couldn't get one at Cadenheads in Campbeltown at 10:01am (opens at 10) on the day of its release :lol: :cry:

Back