Which Championship Manager game was the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
01/02 by a mile.

I used to put some good 15 hour shifts in on that game. Happy days. :cool:

To play today, 03/04 by far.

01-02 is great, and the community keeping it patched and data updated is brilliant. champman0102.co.uk IIRC

In its time, the original was the biggest step forward from what had been before. It was simply unbelievable at the time.

This. Superb.

I've still got a game save on an old disc somewhere where it's 2010/11 and I've conquered the world as manager of both Sunderland and England simulataneously. Half of me Sunderland team formed the nucleus of my victorious England World Cup squad.

The follow up was alright, but I lost patience after my first season where I'd won the UEFA Cup with Celta Vigo, finished in a Champions League spot, and then come the new season wasn't registered in any European competition. :evil: Never been back on Champ/Football manager since.

Last edited:
Amiga - CM2
PC - I loved 97/98 but 01/02 resulted in me not sleeping during the six weeks holidays and nearly made me miss my GCSE's!

In the Football Manager era FM10 was great.

This. Superb.

I've still got a game save on an old disc somewhere where it's 2010/11 and I've conquered the world as manager of both Sunderland and England simulataneously. Half of me Sunderland team formed the nucleus of my victorious England World Cup squad.

I did the same and in the England fixtures I had to play Wales in the last game, we had already qualified, and if they won, so would they, so I let them win and got sacked, I was gutted.

:lol: It's a fickle world in which we ply our trade marra.

I could'nt sleep that night, really wounded I was, it was like getting sacked in real life, I was thinking, all the games I've won for them and they treat me like this, bastards, I was ready to burn the FA headquarters down.

93 for me , played it for 100's of hours on my old Amiga 1200 :lol:

Used to always sign .....

Chris Bart Williams
Scott Morgan
Ian Selley
Richard Hall
Simon Burton

all 5 would turn into absolute world beaters , class memories

Last edited:
01/02 shits over all the others and can be downloaded for free and updated (if not already stated in this thread)

I've downloaded it, installed and works great until it asks me for the cd. I can't mount the image either. Is there any no disk patch or another way of doing it?

I've downloaded it, installed and works great until it asks me for the cd. I can't mount the image either. Is there any no disk patch or another way of doing it?

You're using a disk mounter and it's not working? Try running it as administrator? Try other disk mounting software.

If all else fails, I have another copy of the disk ISO if you want me to send it over to you?

You're using a disk mounter and it's not working? Try running it as administrator? Try other disk mounting software.

If all else fails, I have another copy of the disk ISO if you want me to send it over to you?

I've sorted it cheers. Now it's crashed and I can't be arsed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back