Where were you when the new millennium started?

99/00 was at house party’s seen the new year in at my house with the lass I was seeing at the time then went to more parties. I was 16 so it was brilliant in fact it was the last decent New Year’s Eve, it's not been the same since.

00/01 I was in the Wesley nightclub,it was shite

Me and Mrs R were standing in the muddy mess that would become the sage in Gateshead. Bottle of fizz. The most involved I've ever been with Romantic.Watching the firework display on t**abridge and wayside.

At least you got buck out of it.

Not as many as her by the sounds mind...
She needed space and time on her own to evaluate things Kieth mate. But 14 days later she didn’t need space or time on her own :lol:
She needed space and time for her and her new fella ‘who she had just met’:lol:
Tbf they are married now and been together since.

Millenium was shite.
The town was pretty dead.
It was supposed to be the party to bear all parties, pubs started putting on charges to get in (I'm pretty sure that before the millenium nowhere charged for nye, may be wrong)
Loads of places closed early as they were so quiet.
I ended up in the jacobean before gannin back to Hendon. The jacobean was ace in those days mind.

1999 to 2000 nye was spent standing at the top of bunny hill watching all the fireworks going off around the city.. was a clear night and it was quite impressive... mind I was sober as I was on call in anticipation of the millennium bug hitting... got paid stupid money for it so wasn't too bad...

By the Civic Centre in Newcastle watching a Beatles tribute band (they were good) and trying to explain things to me dear old mam when she said "Eeee but I thought that the poor lad had been shot a few years back."
A sadish but very happy memory. :D

Back