Where were you when the new millennium started?

In an upmarket titty bar in North West Dallas called 'Cabaret Royale'. My heed was the middle '0' in '2000' as the clock struck midnight .

I spent £600 on strippers that night, never again! :eek:

Pissed walking back from some hell club in Chester-Le-street back to Houghton. Remember being on the dark road/bank up from the cricket ground to Lumley when the millennium/century/day/hour turned. Sad times.

I was on my way into London on new years eve 1999 to do a gig in Wood Green. I had my drummer with me in my old Vauxhall Senator and I was hammering along a deserted M25 when my water heater gave up the ghost. We both saw in the start to 2000 sat on the embankment, waiting for the AA and listening to all the fireworks go off but we couldn't see the fireworks, only heard the explosions and it felt like we were in the middle of a warzone. Very eerie, I remember it vividly.

Following a revelation on another thread :eek: - where were you when the new millennium started in 2001?

I honestly have no idea where I was or what I was up to, but I know I was at a house party as 1999 turned into 2000. :lol:

99 to 00 - Liverpool Albert Dock followed by Garlands and house parties aplenty.

00 to 01 - Liverpool. On a mates public bus which he'd 'borrowed' after his shift finished to take us all to his gaff in Garston.

Happy days

Back